Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
500 Pt escalation Campaign
Cheers for the feedback Sam. Smile
The mega nobs wouldn't be an issue if people are taking balanced lists, maybe ban AV14 till after we get above a 1000 pts?
It depends on others opinion, it wouldn't effect my list as i have a counter for High AV, but i can see how it could maybe be something other armies couldn't deal in the initial start point. What are other peoples opinions on AV14?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Personally, I think the only restriction should be the points, follow the normal rules for army organisation.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
(27-01-2015, 04:27 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: Personally, I think the only restriction should be the points, follow the normal rules for army organisation.
Could you expand a bit more please JJ?

Not quite sure i'm following you....
Do you mean no restrictions at all in force organisation?

The idea here is to retain some semblance of balance in a very unbalanced system (which is what 40k is lol). What i'm trying to avoid is people creating massively unbalanced list.

For example, with eldar i could go-
Quote:+++ Eldar serpent spam (460pts) +++

++ Eldar: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) (460pts) ++

+ HQ (100pts) +

Farseer (100pts) [Witchblade]

+ Troops (360pts) +

Dire Avengers (180pts) [5x Dire Avenger]
··Wave Serpent [Twin-linked shuriken cannons]

Dire Avengers (180pts) [5x Dire Avenger]
··Wave Serpent [Twin-linked shuriken cannons]

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)
Month 2
Quote:+++ Eldar serpent spam (736pts) +++

++ Eldar: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) (736pts) ++

+ HQ (100pts) +

+ Troops (636pts) +

Dire Avengers (195pts) [5x Dire Avenger]
··Wave Serpent [Shuriken cannon, Twin-linked scatter lasers]

Windrider Jetbike Squadron (51pts) [3x Windrider Guardian with twin-linked Shuriken catapult]

Month 3
Quote:+++ Eldar serpent spam (931pts) +++

++ Eldar: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) (931pts) ++

+ HQ (100pts) +

+ Troops (831pts) +

Windrider Jetbike Squadron (51pts) [3x Windrider Guardian with twin-linked Shuriken catapult]

So by month 3 i have a decent sized (4) serpent spam list that is hard to kill and kicks out a hell of a lot of fire power, as well as having 8! Obj sec units.

Which is fine for me, but some of the new guys are not gonna have a fun time dealing with that list. I want this to be accesible to everyone and not be ruled by spam armies.

Feel free to chime in with why you'd want it the other way (if indeed that was what you were implying lol), i'd rather debate and sort these things out before we start it. Smile

Edit just realized that your running Eldar JJ and that you might think i was implying that you in the above example, which I'm not! Serpents are the go to unit for OP'ness as they are transport that is also a very effective gun boat, which is why i used them above example.
Blood bowl Skaven
Vince - Great to see you running a campaign. Also great to see Chris offering to help out with the storyline. 8 folk signed up perfect!!!

Just a thought for you (all). Maybe not for this campaign, but perhaps a league later...

Sun Tzu - The Art of War - Know your own army inside out AND know your enemy's army inside out. Some of you guys are Sun Tzu masters at this game and have done your home-work. Some (like me) are not and have not!!!

How about including some sort of league-handicap. I don't know how you plan to run it, but assume 8 players, over the 4 rounds, and each round you play 2 games. That would take 8 weeks. First game is random, out the bag.

Every game you WIN earns you a 125 point handicap for the next round army size, So for round 2 a 'grand master' who has won both games is now on 750, and (if I was playing) I lost both, I'd be on 1000 Tongue

By the time you get to round 4, the grand master may only have 1250 points to field against a potential 2000 point 'Loser' army...

Just a thought... Probably needs a bit of work to get the balance right. May even be some clubs out there that already do something like this...Cool

The idea being that the masters have to overcome a real challenge to come out on top of the league...

Is it even possible for a 1250 army to beat a 2000 army?

I'll get my coat...Blush
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
(27-01-2015, 05:25 PM)Agincourt Wrote: Is it even possible for a 1250 army to beat a 2000 army?
Challenge accepted! Tongue

I do like this idea a lot Paul, definitely something to consider in the future!
Blood bowl Skaven
I like the idea of a limit on the FOC, max two of each type of transport sounds good. Think we should also have a limit on flyers otherwise someone like necrons could take 3 in a 1000pt list (2 night scythes and a doomscythe). Maybe with the wave serpents we could have some rule on not spamming weapon load out? Are there any other transports that Eldar can take, cos otherwise might be a bit harsh to limit T3 Eldar to only two transports. Perhaps just limit to two WS with the scatter laser load out.

Would be great to see different less used units on the battlefield!

Also like the idea of the handicap that Paul suggested.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Great ideas suggested at the club, thanks for the input guys!

As i said at the club, still plenty of room left for people and carry on with the suggestions. Smile
Blood bowl Skaven
What about just remove the Serpent shield? Then you don't need to put a special limit on the number you can take more then anyone else?
W40K: Blood Ravens / Orks / Inquisitor / Imperial Guard
Warhammer: Dwarfs
Warmachine: Protectorate of Menoth / Khador / Cygar / Circle
Malifaux: Started Neverborn and Outcasts
My poor Eldar Sad

Its not so much just serpents, it stops drop pod spam, venom spam, Fish of fury etc etc etc, Serpent was just the (easy) go to example.

The 2 of the same dedicated transport max shouldn't affect anyone bar Eldar and Tau as other armies have more than one transport, and as Tau are more long range shooty anyway, Eldar are the only concern. which is why i suggested moving Falcons to Dedicated transport for this campaign.

Everything is still up for debate and anything really contentious we can put to a public vote. Smile
Blood bowl Skaven