Poll: Do we accept Lore of Undeath as a widely available lore?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
37.50%
3 37.50%
No
62.50%
5 62.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lord of Undeath
The official errata and FAQS for the Rulebook now has placed a new magic lore that is available to all wizards. This is the Lore of Undeath. As mentioned every wizard can select this lore as its magic lore, even those that do not have access to Rulebook lores such as Orc Shamen and Skaven Warlorcks.

Question is do we as a club allow Lore of Undeath, to be a valid option to a wizard without prior aggrement with your opponent.

Poll closes 1-12-14

Note currently the only official way to gain access to the spells from Lore of Undeath, is by purchasing Warhammer: Nagash or the Lore of Undeath Magic cards. The cards are no longer available, unless from the secondary market. There may be other places to locate these spells online.

Feel free to discuss below.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Personally this is the new change that I don't like. High elves/wood elves using lore of undeath magic? No thanks. I would only play this out of curiosty so I don't think it should be standard, but should require your opponents agreement.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I don't like the sound of a free for all on undeath Magic. I would say ok if it fit the theme of the army / wizard. Perhaps Like a mad orc shaman with an army of skeleton greenskins or an evil human wizard with his personal retinue of empire soldiers suddenly summoning the dead in battle.
40k - Orks
I like some modicum of... Can't think of word... But cultural themeology.

Shamanic tribes, goblins, orcs, not the brightest in the world, traditional spells, passed from generation. They do not have access to other spell lists, so a definite no.

However, I havnt read the book, so I don't know what godly power might have planted these lores in the minds of the weak...
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Background is that Nagash has been reincarnated so to speak, by a flawed ritual. First thing he does is raise every corpse across the world, however due to the fact that he hasn't been brought back perfectly, he cannot actually control all these undead. As such any wizard so inclined now has all these shambling corpses wandering around, and they can control them if they choose.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(26-11-2014, 10:40 PM)Gareth Wrote: Background is that Nagash has been reincarnated so to speak, by a flawed ritual. First thing he does is raise every corpse across the world, however due to the fact that he hasn't been brought back perfectly, he cannot actually control all these undead. As such any wizard so inclined now has all these shambling corpses wandering around, and they can control them if they choose.

What is definition of wizard?
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Standard has a magic level wizard. Fluff terms anyone with a degree of magical inclination. Game terms anyone who generates spells, can choose to do so from Lore of Undath rather than their listed lore (Goblins get little Waaagh or Undeath, Skaven Grey Seers can do, Plague, Ruin or Undeath, Empire gets 8 books loves plus Undeath etc.)

To be honest I don't think its a great lore, unless In the hands of Nagash, but it's become 'officially' part of the rules. However Warhammer is a setting for a game, and nothing stops us deciding our setting doesn't have every mage getting the option to raise the dead.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Vote concluded that Lore of Undeath is not a widely available Lore.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen