Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bolt action campaign WWII.2
Cracking fixture with Steve last night - I'll let him write up a battle report as he's much better at those sort of things than me!

My HQ went down an experience level, but I recovered all my losses (infantry section, jeep and MMG team). MMG team goes up to veteran, and I earned 100pts for gaining a toe hold on the far bank of the river (just about!).

A Cromwell of the 6th Airborne Armoured Reconnaissance Regiment approaches the bridge in advance of the main force. All looks quiet...
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Thanks for the game last night, just need to understand what happens to my Army now.
So, I started the Campaign with 1,000 points - Last Night I only used 392 points.
I lost a unit worth 78 points, rolled a 1 so they are gone for good.
Gained 33 points for winning the game.
So does this mean I only have 955 points to use for the next game - (1000 - 78 + 33 = 955)

I assume I have to keep the units already created, or else the it is a waste of time getting new recruits and lowering their experience level.

Also what is the 'then each player rolls 2D6 10 + you get a randomly determined extra squad, support, or vehicle' rule
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
Unit dead is not gone for good. It's about replacements/re-enforcements. So for next campaign battle that unit can't fight, but after that next battle you can roll for them again and maybe get them back. I am in same boat with one of my squads.

Gained 33 points, so you now have 1033, but as you already spent 1,000 (?) it means you have 33 to buy coupl extra infantry, or a ...

Yes you keep same units.

Random one-off roll each after each stage, as war progresses for an extra unit joining you. Random... Roll and if you get something ask Steve!
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
(14-01-2015, 11:20 PM)Agincourt Wrote: Unit dead is not gone for good. It's about replacements/re-enforcements. So for next campaign battle that unit can't fight, but after that next battle you can roll for them again and maybe get them back. I am in same boat with one of my squads.

Gained 33 points, so you now have 1033, but as you already spent 1,000 (?) it means you have 33 to buy coupl extra infantry, or a ...

Yes you keep same units.

Random one-off roll each after each stage, as war progresses for an extra unit joining you. Random... Roll and if you get something ask Steve!

OK - Will change it to MIA
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
So that's round one, next each player does random roll, then round 2.

Round 2 has 3 scenarios.

Scenario 1 Supply and Demand

Allies 1000pts. Axis 1000pts

Each player gets given 3 supply trucks.
Primary objective is to get the trucks off the opposite end of the table.
Secondary objective is to find and rescue, or capture downed aircrew.
Pts
Each truck off the table 5VP
Each enemy truck destroyed 5VP
Each aircrew rescued/ captured 5VP
Each enemy squad destroyed 2Vp
Each enemy squad reduced to 50% or less 1VP

Terrain

Countryside with 6 terrain pieces, randomly placed by both players.
A card, ace to 6 is placed randomly face down next to each terrain piece. Both aircrew squads are then randomly dealt a card face up, and this becomes their hidden location.

Scenario 2 I shall say this only once.

Allies 1000pts Axis 1000pts

Allies have to locate and extract a French Maquis cell, that have important intelligence to share.
Axis have to locate and extract an SS Major and his squad as he is privy to very sensitive information.

Pts
Maquis leader saved or captured 10VP
SS Major saved or captured 10VP
Each enemy squad wiped out 2VP
Each enemy squad reduced to 50% 1VP

Terrain and setup similar to above but more urban.
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
Coming soon, round 3, A bridge too far
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
Malifaux - Gremlins
Steve,

As Scenarios 1 and 2 got bagsied within minutes, I am still waiting for you to say what Scenario 3 is? Or did I miss something?
Who got a scenario 1?
Malifaux - Gremlins
Scenario 3 will be a multi player one. 5 buildings in a line. Both sides need to rally their troops in amongst the fog of war, and establish and hold a front line. 5Pts per building.
Malifaux - Gremlins
(26-01-2015, 09:36 PM)Noisysteve Wrote: Who got a scenario 1?

I thought that was what Stu and Arif were playing last week - looks like my mistake.