Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salute 2015 - Saturday 25th April
http://www.salute.co.uk/salute/salute-2015/
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
just bought ticket. Pre-pay is open until 23rd, so unlike last year, it is closes quite late.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Alas I can't attend this year. Look forward to hearing about this years event from those attending, sounds like there's quite a bit going on.
Just a thought. Anything you need me to raise/ask the GCN tomorrow?
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Nothing immediately springs to mind Gaz.
Steve in control of some speeders.

Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Salute was amazing. I won a prize in the Beasts of War, battle for Both table for bringing down 2 At Ats with my snowspeeders!
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
Right what was a long day, was thoroughly enjoyable. Along with Steve, I got to see various friends I have met through the hubby, as well as meeting up with some Finnish friends I know, who also popped along.

My haul was as follows.

Brush Rack
Green Stuff (how exciting, but I appear to have lost all mine, so I needed some more.)
Various paints from the foundry triad system
Some scatter terrain, to add to my terrain box (aisnty so its the same type of stuff we did for the salute board.)
Limited edition Kyle Reese from Alessio Calvatores upcoming Terminator Genisys game (the figures in that are are more lifelike than GW LotR range imho.)
Star Wars Armada which I managed to pick up for a snip at £55.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
This is a fan made module for the game Full Thrust. Being very much into BSG, I intend to look into this a little further. However with other games to mention later, space combat may be drawn elsewhere.

Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Hawk had this rather impressive item out on display.

I didn't really make much of it, apart from being really impressive, when I first saw it. It looked like a ship, to promote DZC. However later whilst passing, I noticed that there appeared to be a range of similar ships, in a cabinet. I was told, that Hawk are taking their game system up so to speak. If you imagine what Spartan have done, which is release Firestorm Armada as a space combat game, but next they have gone and released Firestorm Planetfall, which is their equivalent to DZC. Well Hawk are doing the same in reverse, starting with the ground assault, but now moving onto the space combat. Except that the space combat isn't space combat. Their game system is going to be near orbit / high atmosphere based. So that big ship, isn't so much of an intergalactic space cruiser, but rather thats the ship that unloads the stuff that deploys the stuff in DZC. So whilst you will not be playing with items of that scale, the miniatures you play with, will instead be flying over grass and water tables rather than star fields. At least thats how it came across. I however like an idiot did not have my camera out to take snaps of those miniatures.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen