Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forge World at Redwarsoc?
Hi guys,

Just thought I'd put a quick feeler out there for the general opinion of Forge World units that are stamped as '40K Approved'. Some of you may know that Imperial Armour 13 has just come out, and there is a veritable smorgasbord of choices for Chaos players which includes Heresy era legion vehicles and equipment. I'm sorely tempted to pick up a copy and maybe look to add a few Forge World units to my Chaos Space Marines such as a Sicaran battle tank, or to use the Renegades and Heretics army list to ally my existing Astra Militarum units to my Chaos army for further options.

What is the general opinion in the club of Forge World units? Do people play with them? Are the '40k approved' ones generally seen as okay to use? Do people try out experimental rules much?
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Models painted in 2017: 74
Models painted in 2018: 45
Models painted in 2019: 55
They are used fairly regularly at the club by various players just check beforehand and go through rules and weapons prior to game so people understand what it is their going up against.
Salamanders 6000pts
Grey knights 1000pts
Into the fires of battle unto the anvil of war!
Forgeworld is as much apart of the game as anything else in my opinion, and as is as balanced as anything GW main put out. IE some things are awesome, some things are worthless.

I have never had a problem using any of my forgeworld stuff at the club and have no issue playing against anything forgeworld. As Kev says, just explain beforehand what a unit does if they are not familiar with it.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
i use Contemptor dreadnoughts in pretty much every game i play, i have no issues facing forgeworld. just bring the book/rules and let your opponent read beforehand if they dont know it.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
I use 1 or 2 Forgeworld Knights and a Forgeworld flyer when I play.

Never had any complaints.
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
Quote:I use 1 or 2 Forgeworld Knights
i complained bitterly till i blew one up and the resulting explosion took out the other......
Smile
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(24-10-2014, 02:13 PM)Simian Wrote:
Quote:I use 1 or 2 Forgeworld Knights
i complained bitterly till i blew one up and the resulting explosion took out the other......
Smile

Those were GW knights
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
No problem with using Forgeworld in my opinion, anything stamped 40k approved can be used anyway, it's just nice to give opponents a heads up before you play.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.