Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
30K Players or Interest?
I know most of you are fully aware of Forgeworld and the Horus Heresy series of models they produce. There is an associated 30K system with it.

I was wondering:

A) Would people play against a 30K force?

B) Do people have interest in 30K as a system?
The worst time to have a heart attack is
in a game of Charades.

Bolt Action Soviet Union
W30K Adeptus Mechanicus
W40K Tyranids, Khorne Daemonkin
Warmahordes Circle Orboros
I don't know much of the details for it, but based on the little I know about it...

A) Sure, its just another SM faction.
B) No, being limited to only SM's would not be very fun I think.
W40K: Blood Ravens / Orks / Inquisitor / Imperial Guard
Warhammer: Dwarfs
Warmachine: Protectorate of Menoth / Khador / Cygar / Circle
Malifaux: Started Neverborn and Outcasts
(13-10-2014, 05:43 PM)Khronic Wrote: I know most of you are fully aware of Forgeworld and the Horus Heresy series of models they produce. There is an associated 30K system with it.

I was wondering:

A) Would people play against a 30K force?

B) Do people have interest in 30K as a system?

A - NO. Its 40k and all the imbalances that 40k brings.

B - HELLLLLL YES. Everything is perfectly balanced because everything (apart from the Mechanicum and the Imperial Army,) are all more or less the same. Its also a fantastic narrative system, rather than the WAC 40k group (not having a go guys,) that we tend to have.

Chris if your interested in HH gaming, fluff and general stuff, check out The Imperial Truth podcast / Facebook group / twitter feed. (If you listen to Episode 3 you may hear my name as a shout out.) Greg Dann is trying to grow the HH hobby in the UK.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I'm tempted to start some 30K. It's just really, really expensive though.
I've got some Adeptus Mechanicus on order at the minute, not all FW mind.
Moreso from a collectors point of view, however, it would be cool to see them hit the table now and again.

I think it'd be cool to have a small HH force, one of the marine chapters even if they were to use standard SM rules.

Long time away at the moment though, I've enough projects on the go as well as study!
The worst time to have a heart attack is
in a game of Charades.

Bolt Action Soviet Union
W30K Adeptus Mechanicus
W40K Tyranids, Khorne Daemonkin
Warmahordes Circle Orboros
i like the idea of 30k, i like the books for 30k (i have all three) but i would never invest in another GW army. im no longer spending any money on GW products.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(14-10-2014, 11:27 AM)Simian Wrote: i like the idea of 30k, i like the books for 30k (i have all three) but i would never invest in another GW army. im no longer spending any money on GW products.

It's Forge World, not GW. ;p
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(14-10-2014, 12:43 PM)Gareth Wrote:
(14-10-2014, 11:27 AM)Simian Wrote: i like the idea of 30k, i like the books for 30k (i have all three) but i would never invest in another GW army. im no longer spending any money on GW products.

It's Forge World, not GW. ;p

which is why i'll keep getting the books Wink
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Tempted to get some Word Bearers or World eaters maybe. Probably will have to wait til after Christmas though.
If interest is still being looked for I have a sizeable Death Guard army in production that will undoubtedly end up with some Mechanicum alongside, and an there is an Alpha Legion player around...
40K - Tyranids (4500 Points) & Chaos - The Purge and the Brazen Host (8500 Points)
30K - Death Guard (2000ish Points), Sons of Horus (175 Points because Loken) + World Eaters, soon.
Project Log
"Only a fool takes Khârn for a mindless brute or rabid dog. Under that blood-soaked helm lurks an intelligence and cunning that makes him a masterful killer - trust me when I say that there is a dark purpose in his madness."