My Lava bases, what do you think?

[Image: C8B3ACD8-FFD3-475D-A637-D100AE26CA7F_zpso8bza4bp.jpg]

[Image: A74B254A-5C1C-450B-8187-9490E44F96EC_zpsfoyvtevu.jpg]

Nice Smile Can you make them into a full pattern? Big Grin
W40K: Blood Ravens / Orks / Inquisitor / Imperial Guard
Warhammer: Dwarfs
Warmachine: Protectorate of Menoth / Khador / Cygar / Circle
Malifaux: Started Neverborn and Outcasts
I wish I had thought that far ahead lol, but alas I did not.

Colourings right, but they look a little flat. Still Rob its a heck of a lot better than standard grey rubble. Thumbs up.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(09-10-2014, 06:33 AM)Gareth Wrote: Colourings right, but they look a little flat. Still Rob its a heck of a lot better than standard grey rubble. Thumbs up.

I think I agree Gaz, I did use a fine sand, maybe a mix of fine and coarser would have worked better, but I wanted the models to have quite a flat base to glue too.

I did get 100 bases off Ebay for a couple of quid to at a later date I can make some more.

When I have done things like that is the past, I tend to create a cork rock for the model to stand on, paint the rock, then do a pool if lava surrounding the rock. If you put a layer of filler or now it's available liquid green stuff on, you can create ripples in the lava.

However the more I look at yours, the more I think it looks less like a natural Lava flow,but more like Fire Runes in the ground. People could copy Robs idea, but use glowing green/blue for a similar effect.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
They did an excellent lava base tutorial on miniwargaming should you want some reference material/ ideas

Looks good Rob!

I'd like to try resin/ tamiya clear colours or reaper inks or something. I'm sure the tints would look great.
The worst time to have a heart attack is
in a game of Charades.

Bolt Action Soviet Union
W30K Adeptus Mechanicus
W40K Tyranids, Khorne Daemonkin
Warmahordes Circle Orboros