Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAGA SAGA @ Wyvern - Saturday 21st February 2015
Well I've managed to get a basic paint job done on all my warband. Not got time to quickshade them though so leaving it there unfortunately:

By the way Paul, reading through the rules I realised a couple of mistakes we made in the second game that are worth bearing in mind for tomorrow.
Firstly, The Push roll to remove models is done after fatigue is distributed, so wiping out the unit with the push would not, i think, have added a fatigue to your unit within S.
Secondly, and I knew this one but forgot it in the heat of battle, you can't generate more than double your original number of attack dice with abilities, so those two warriors that played Lords of Battle and Stubborness should only have rolled max 4 attack dice and not 7.

Looking forward to tomorrow, see you guys at 9am!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Congratulations to Paul for picking up 5th place yesterday! I've extended a thanks from the club to the Wyvern crew for organising and running the event.

Now, how to defeat a 12 man mounted Welsh Hearthguard unit with a banner - any advice gratefully received Big Grin
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Play Normans
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
A bit extreme, but preferable to watching my Joms get slowly whittled down to nothing.
really enjoyed the day, looking forward to next year!

Next stop, which Crescent and Cross Faction to pick?!

Might try and get my kids into SAGA as well, and interested in trying out a banner to see how that works, sounds like it was pretty effective!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(22-02-2015, 04:35 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: really enjoyed the day, looking forward to next year!
ho
Next stop, which Crescent and Cross Faction to pick?!

Might try and get my kids into SAGA as well, and interested in trying out a banner to see how that works, sounds like it was pretty effective!

As my final opponent (James) saw off my Warlord pretty quickly yesterday, we swapped forces and I had a go with his Milites Christi against my Jomsvikings. I'd already settled on them thematically as a C&C force, but it was useful to give them a try.

I think your idea of a SAGA campaign would be great. I'd like to try more multi-player games as well - the last couple were a great laugh!
Results from the day are in:

Very enjoyable. Amazed finishing 5th Big Grin. Certificate and prize woohoo!
I have to give big thanks to my fellow Anglo Dane, Chris Rogers, whose learned tactics enabled me to smash big holes in the enemy.
3 wins, 2 warlords slain, plenty of killing, but defeated by pillaging Normans.

Well done Stu and Steve, both winning prizes for best results in individual scenarios...
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
(22-02-2015, 10:06 PM)Agincourt Wrote: Very enjoyable. Amazed finishing 5th Big Grin. Certificate and prize woohoo!
I have to give big thanks to my fellow Anglo Dane, Chris Rogers, whose learned tactics enabled me to smash big holes in the enemy.
3 wins, 2 warlords slain, plenty of killing, but defeated by pillaging Normans.

Well done Stu and Steve, both winning prizes for best results in individual scenarios...

Thanks Paul and congrats, but I think you refined and improved my tactics! I still have yet to master them.

Also just to point out Dan's Vikings may have lost all his games but he took a lot of the enemy with him - 88kills!! Which puts him 2nd in terms of bloodthirstyness! Respect.