Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Games Expo 2015
http://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/

Dates set for next year's show: 29th - 31st May.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
after really enjoying it this year i'll be going again
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
There's always scope for us to host a game at the event if anyone has a burning desire to do so.
Update on next years event: https://madmimi.com/p/382935?fe=1&pact=24771820851
Just a reminder that this is on this weekend. Hoping to go along on Friday.
I shall be going on Sat I think, will be checking out the Guild Ball stand
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I'll be there all day Saturday
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Spent a good afternoon there, and the event just keeps growing year on year - so much so that next year it's moving to exhibition hall 1 at the NEC itself. Chatting to one of the organisers it sounds like it's going to be a very busy weekend as advanced ticket sales have already exceeded the visitor numbers from last year. The "street food" market in the car park is a welcome addition, and worth a visit.
I have ended up covering someone at work on my day off tomorrow. Apparently there is a game of football going on in London. So I'll be making a dash up afterwards.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
great going to the expo, bumped into Steve in the family zone. Played Tsuro which th ekids liked and another game I've forgotten the name of. Managed to have a look round trailing the kids and Guild Ball stand looked really good, was very tempted to buy in but not sure what faction to get and would really like a play through before I invest.

Also saw the Warploque stand and met the sculptor, acquired my only model of the day, a halfling captain. On th eway out I saw the terminator game and a guy on the stand ran me through the basics, looked good from what I saw although I thought the models were a bit basic. Gave a nod to Alessio Cavatore on the way out who wrote the rules for the game, as I was being tugged away by the kids.

Fantastic range of games, could easily spend an entire weekend there rather than 2.5 hours.

Think I may have to divert some of the model buget away from minis and towards some of the games. Picked up a copy of Lords of War and Dobble that Sophie was interested in. Will definitely go again next year and would recommend it to anyone.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari