Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The first Necromancer stirs
I've never really paid attention to the lizardmen, I only know one person who ever played them.
W40K: Blood Ravens / Orks / Inquisitor / Imperial Guard
Warhammer: Dwarfs
Warmachine: Protectorate of Menoth / Khador / Cygar / Circle
Malifaux: Started Neverborn and Outcasts
Apparently thats a fake, its a conversion someone did-
[Image: 10406428_698003886941950_841202817108407...c1313c2ec3]
[Image: 10649972_10204668815021498_8019870243716...5de5a8b5a2]
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Fair enough Vince. Would be nice to see the old toad get a model, I was hoping end times would see the unsupported stuff get figures.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Hah thats typical that the first model I've seen in the recent release at I approved of on first impressions turns out to be a fake of someone elses conversion XD
Well I was fooled!
I still expect a lot of the unsupported stuff get models, also interesting rumour today-
Quote:Latest 9th Edition Rumors by Father Gabe 9-3-2014

Just got some news from several sources concerning the strong possibility of 9th edition Warhammer Fantasy.

1) Coming tomorrow to a GW near you will be a series of new posters for in store advertisement for something BIG as the corporate email stated.
2) Some GW stores are finding Island of Blood sets are being zeroed out of their system for restock. Similar when Dark Vengeance happened to Assault on Black Reach.
3) This part is speculation: Bretonnians are going to be playing a big part in the Nagash saga in the beginning, it is believed the following is going to happen:

a) Pre-Order for 9th Edition will be Sept 13th (with special editions - standard new edition merchandising)
b) October will receive the new box edition (if standard releases from past is an indicator) which may contain Bretonnians and Undead.
c) Bretonnians will have a new Army book, model release following that, possibly into November before the Christmas packs roll in.
d) intermingled among these releases will be probably some filler models (repackaged Crom/Valten/etc.), army bundles, etc.

4) Not of speculation, though it must be considered rumor, I (and a few chosen) have personally seen new artwork by John Blanche for Bretonnians. Does this mean it will be in the new book? No idea, but sometimes his stuff is used for the sculptors to pull concept to model.

Or we could be really blindsided by everything and it be 25 new paints (not very likely), Dark Eldar (possible) or something ridiculous like a mass Hobbit release. GW likes to have a strong second quarter launch that will help carry through 3rd quarter (end of February).

Also as an FYI, there are a lot of miniatures-based "OMG surprise release" rumors swirling out there, for the late September timeslot.

As with anything from BoLS, apply plenty of salt.
Blood bowl Skaven
Hold the phone, just checked his rumour accuracy-
Father Gabe - Total rumors: (30TRUE) / (1 FALSE) / (0 PARTIALLY TRUE/VAGUE)

Might be true after all........
Blood bowl Skaven
Harry from warseer has posted about End times-
Quote:Harry Wrote-
You may remember last year I was being very vague about some 'radical changes' in a thread about 9th edition.

Back at the start of the year, in one of my first posts of the new year I said this:

I don't think they are trying to destroy it.
I suspect they will be trying their hardest to breath new life into it.
We are not seeing the "End times" for Warhammer just yet.

Did you see what I did there?
The clues are always there fellas.

So I first heard about all this last autumn?
I was told 2014 would be "Year zero" for Warhammer.

Had no idea what that meant at first but if you Google your way to the wikipedia you get this:

The term Year Zero, applied to the takeover of Cambodia in April 1975 by the Khmer Rouge, is an analogy to the Year One of the French Revolutionary Calendar. During the French Revolution, after the abolition of the French monarchy (September 20, 1792), the National Convention instituted a new calendar and declared the beginning of the Year I. The Khmer Rouge takeover of Phnom Penh was rapidly followed by a series of drastic revolutionary de-industrialization policies resulting in a death toll that vastly exceeded that of the French Reign of Terror.

The idea behind Year Zero is that all culture and traditions within a society must be completely destroyed or discarded and a new revolutionary culture must replace it, starting from scratch. All history of a nation or people before Year Zero is deemed largely irrelevant, as it will (as an ideal) be purged and replaced from the ground up.

It was made clear to me that this was what we were talking about for warhammer.
Everything that existed being completely destroyed (or discarded) and something new replacing it from scratch ... purged and replaced from the ground up.

I hinted in various posts that they would be getting rid of the existing timeline, the existing map, etc. (In an effort to soften the blow. )

I am going to get this a bit wrong because I honestly can't remember where I heard it but to confirm the three book rumour .... I did hear the "End times" were going to be spread over three books.

Nagash was the first, followed by Malekith followed by Glotkin

Good luck with that!

...You have to ask yourself .... What will remain of the world as we know it when it has been ravaged in turn by the Undead, the Dark Elves, Skaven, and Chaos?

...Whatever 9th is it will be set in the grimmest, darkest post apocalyptic Warhammer fantasy world yet.

You think I haven't had all the same thoughts being voiced on here?

I can't see them throwing out everything they have done either ... but the only way to own the IP is to loose all the generic Fantasy that other companies can copy ... normal Dwarves, Elves and sure as heck you have to get rid of the historical based human armies ... or you can go build an Empire or Bretonnian army from anyone's miniatures.
I can't see them getting rid of any armies either ... but they can not continue to support all of them so some of them have to go or some get mashed together.
I can't see them wanting to reduce the number of minis you need .... but if it costs too much to complete an army people don't even start an army ...so is it better to sell some minis for a scaled down game or no minis? Is it better to ramp up the Lords and monsters allowance and keep on selling the big kits so an army is 'more tanks and less infantry' and thus less minis and easier to paint .... or sell no minis.
Simple fact is so many people have so many armies now unless they do something drastic with the look of the armies no-one is buying enough minis. The only way to force folks to buy new stuff is if we cannot use our current stuff. Some folks may refuse to buy the new stuff on principal ..... what do they care? They were not buying the stuff anyway as they already had their army. Imagine how badly Fantasy must be selling compared to 40K if anyone even thought about knocking it on the head for even a moment .... they must be thinking .... it can't make things any worse!!! What have we got to loose??? But if they are doing this why even bother completing 8th edition? Why do all the books?

I have been around and around with this in my head ..... the only thing that makes any sense to me at the end of the day is that 8th edition is complete enough and robust enough to endure a bit longer and 9th edition will not be a complete new edition of the rules .... but an alternative background and rules with which to play post End times battles but you still need the core rules to play A bit like all the stuff in Strom of Magic was an add on to the existing rules. The core rules and books will still exist for those that want to remain stuck in the timeline but if you want to be down with the cool kids you really need to buy the new post End Times stuff.
Blood bowl Skaven
Whilst I love the idea behind end times, I'm somewhat horrified by the idea being banded around, of mass army merging. Harry mentioned protecting IP, but currently GW's have High Elves, Dark Elves, Wood Elves. Merging them into Elves, loses that IP, as the original concept becomes replaced with the generic.

For longer than I remember GW have been driven by the Space Marine sales. 40k might think its a big game, but take away the numbers from the Power Armour wearers, and your down below total WFB. So why should they as a company support the other spiecies in the universe (particuarly as 30k, is growing far faster than they imagined.) If mass merging comes to pass, I wouldn't be surprised to see GW go bump in a few years. After all the mass market for them is children, who are pumped full of all GW products for a short period, usually choosing more 40k than anything else (WFB and Hobbit,) but dropping the game shortly afterwards. Then you are left with your more mature gamers, who on the whole, have the income and generally move onto WFB, which would be no longer supported (not always but the vast majority of the time players of both 40k and WFB that drop one, drop 40k.)

Still as always it's a numbers game, and I am not the one to call the shots.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I can imagine there being a big out cry if they do what some people are worried about and scrapping everything warhammer to start again with iron clad IP's.
To sum up my thoughts it's like this.

I used to play WoW. I loved that the story line evolved. However the rumours seem to be, the story line is developing, and from now on you can only play Warrior, Paladin, Druid and Priest, on the Alliance side only. All other classes and factions are being destroyed, and not supported.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen