Poll: What style of Tournament shall we play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Knockout Tournament
0%
0 0%
2 Monthly League Table (minimum 3 games per 2 months)
100.00%
3 100.00%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small 1,000pt Tournament!
*orders transcendent ctan* cough.....yeah lords of war sound fine...
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Hey dan,

The events I've ran have been largely conflict free we have a relaxed club. But Vince is right, people design lists in different ways, I didn't really cater for this in any of the 4 tournament/leagues I've ran. I didn't receive a complaint to my face, but I think it has left to reputations at the club. Good or bad, it is what it is.

7th is a challenge. I'm yet to see a tournament that's not comped out, lords of war (sorry Logan, ghaz and likely Draigo) it's easier to blanket ban, unbound is a no no, some don't like large warp charge pools but I don't see the need to limit, detachments are fun, usually 1 primary and 1 of the rest (bar LoW), some even stopping Knights codex, Maelstrom missions, regular missions, comped maelstrom missions or mix of both.

One of two issues I had was drop outs, it's a pain, but it happens, life happens, but you'll need a plan. Second was getting people to play lol, people lose interest if their list doesn't work and fluff players don't really want to get smashed by competitive players so games get delayed or people play a lot of different games at the club so rarely do leagues, tournaments run to schedule.
Time limits are a good idea, but what are the consequences of not meeting them?

As long as your clear before the start then it's allll good.

I always wrote a small rules pack and kept the pms flowing as well as the forum.

Although i won't be here much longer in person, if you need a hand with any thing I will be active on the forum Smile

Rob

Oh scoring, totally forgot that...

I tried a tiered and win/loss/draw both worked okay... I prefer a tiered but depends if you're going knockout or league, the league was very cut and dry with win loss and I like an element of hope! But in a knockout it's best as cut n dry... It's a knockout after all.

If it's tiered it depends on the missions you want to run, some do margins of victory alone, some do different steps of mission win an others are primary, secondary and tirchery.

Was thinking about this and following the BAO (big American GT) army composition format could work?

I have copy and pasted below-
Quote:Format

Army Composition

1850 point limit.
2 Detachments Total, 1 of which must be a CAD, or faction specific detachment which as of now are the Ork Horde and Great WAAGH!! detachments.
Warlord: Your Warlord may be chosen from any of your detachments per the BRB.
1-CAD/Faction Detachment: Ork Horde or Great WAAGH!
Detachments may be produced from a maximum of one Codex / Codex Supplement
Example – You may not selectively include units within one Combined Arms Detachment from both Codex: Tau and Codex Supplement: Farsight Enclaves, despite them being within the same Faction per the Detachment creation rules in the 40k Rulebook.
Exception – Units that are added to various Factions by means other than the primary or supplemental Codex are exceptions (i.e., Dataslate Characters, Forgeworld 40K approved units where they are permitted, etc.).
Codex Supplements will be considered their own Faction, ie. Farsight Enclave, Black Legion, Crimson Slaughter, Militarum Tempestus and Legion of the Damned, etc.
In the case of a Forge World unit having a profile in a Forge World book and Codex or Codex Supplement, the rules in the Codex or Codex Supplement are always used.
0-1 Allied Detachment
Come the Apocalypse allies will not be allowed for the BAO 2014.
Your Allied Detachment may be the same faction as your CAD.
0-1 Formation
See the Black Library for examples of Formations.
No Fortification or Apocalypse Formations will be allowed.
0-1 Fortification chosen from the following list. All of the rules may be found in the Stronghold Assault supplement. No Fortification Formations or upgrades from pg. 18of the Stronghold Assault book will be allowed with the exception of the Battlements & Battlefield section.
Aegis Defense Line
Fortress of Redemption
Imperial Bastion
Promethium Relay Pipes
Skyshield Landing Pad
Void Shield Generator
Firestorm Redoubt
Vengeance Weapons Batteries
0-1 Lord of War
All of the rules for Lords of War available at the BAO 2014 may be found in the Escalation, Apocalypse and Imperial Armor: Apocalypse supplement with the updated rules found in the BRB in effect (such as the new D Weapon rules). Players are required to have the actual LoW model to use them. Exceptions will only be made for exceptional conversions. What constitutes an exceptional conversion is determined at the sole discretion of the Tournament Organizers. Send pictures of your model in advance if you have any doubts.
Please note, the Impending Doom (+1 to Seize the Initiative for a player facing a LoW who does not have one), and Through Attrition, Victory (+1 Victory Point for every 3 Hull Points or Wounds done to a LoW, counted towards the secondary mission) special rules will be in effect if either player in a given game has a Lord of War.
A LoW may be chosen from the following list.

All of the Baneblade chassis vehicles except for the Hellhammer (and Traitor’s Bane variant) and Stormsword, which are not allowed for the BAO 2014.
Crassus Armored Assault Transport
Gorgon Heavy Transporter
Minotaur Artillery Tank
All Macharius chassis vehicles.
All Malcador chassis vehicles except the Malcador Infernus which is not allowed for the BAO 2014
Valdor Tank Hunter
Marauder Bomber (may not take Hellstorm bombs)
Maurader Destroyer
Fellblade
Cereberus Heavy Tank Destroyer
Thunderhawk Transporter
Greater Brass Scorpion of Khorne
Obelisk
Ghazgkull Thraka
Stompa
Gargantuan Squiggoth
Kustom Battle Fortress
Kill Krusha Tank
Kill Blasta
Cobra
Scorpion
Lynx with Pulsar (but not with Sonic Lance)
Tiger Shark (Escalation version)
Orca Dropship
Barbed Hierodule

- See more at: http://www.frontlinegaming.org/community...6t5F4.dpuf

As far as i am aware from the feedback i read, it was a big success and a lot of other American GT's are following the format.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Obviously dropping the points to 1000 though. Tongue
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven