Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GW preamble up, New CEO incoming, Annual report included now
Looking at the Gundam, I would say its probably a similar level of detail.

The tools to cut these moulds are all CNC driven and the cost is more from cutting time then anything else really.

What would drive up the cost more is the addition of extra bits more then the actual fine details, but as I can't see the sprues of both models I would not start to compare that!

The Scale of the models would also really only change the cost in the size of the moulds and cutting time. The final plastic cost is pretty negligible. Since the Gundam is bigger I would actually guess this kit would cost more then the Riptide, but again that is educated guesses then any real guess. Still a 1" taller model might need a much bigger mould which would cost alot more.

Given that GWS models are beginning to broach the same price brackets that ultra premium collectors memorabilia rests in, I think its easily time for GWS to admit they got carried away with their price hikes and call a freeze for the next 7 years to allow interest rates to catch back up...

Messages In This Thread
RE: GW preamble up, New CEO incoming, Annual report included now - by aprilmanha - 30-07-2014, 01:06 PM