Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
40K: Iron Warrior Project June 2014
Productive evening of painting once again. Deciding I would try tackle the obliterators. Basecoats had been applied, and were awaiting a flesh-type wash to the skin and gold trim areas. Nuln Oil was then applied to the silvers and the weapons protruding from the hands and wrists of these monstrosities.

After the wash dried, I applied second layer highlights and finally a third highlight concentrating on the edges and highly raised areas. I'm quite pleased with how they turned out, especially after my initial apprehension. (Pictures will be uploaded tomorrow)

The Rhinos I had basecoated had also finally dried. I began again applying the basecoats, and as the paint was so thin, I decided to take advantage of the quick drying and blast through a heavy nuln oil wash. This of course left a lot of residue and pooling which is something I wanted to experiment with.

Once the wash had dried, I began drybrushing my secondary and tertiary highlights accoordingly and tried to leave some of the heavy wash characteristics partially visible through the new layers. (Pictures will be uploaded tomorrow)

Critique is of course welcome - this is a first for miniature painting for myself, and I've never attempted basing or conversion before.
It has certainly opened a can of worms for me, which I am looking to exploit in some Nurgle-themed Dioramas hidden inside the Rhino's
(Think Alien or Event Horizon)

Signing off for this section
Hope those of you who've stuck through my rambling are enjoying keeping up to date with what I am doing.

Messages In This Thread
40K: Iron Warrior Project June 2014 - by Khronic - 05-07-2014, 06:08 PM
RE: 40K: Iron Warrior Project June 2014 - by Khronic - 06-07-2014, 12:38 AM