Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WN 17 Strongpoint Hillman - sword beach.
A scratch built piece for my D Day games in 20mm.

Attached Files Image(s)

" Target Stop!"
A few more piccies of the refight also featuring Morris battery on D Day.

Attached Files Image(s)

" Target Stop!"
wow, looks very impressive
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
Cheers mate. Its this strongpoint that gave the British 3rd Inf Div such a hard time on D Day. I visit it every time I run a battlefield tour to Normandy. They are uncovering more and more of what was buried after the war.
" Target Stop!"
How do you texture your boards Jon - do you use Artex or anything like that?
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Tile grout and sawdust mate. Be happy to show you. The best feature of my boards is that they are integral - either 2 X 2 or 4 X 4. Very flexible. Best bit is that each side of each tile is routed so that with a wooden biscuit the sections lock together and then lay flat and tight to each other.
" Target Stop!"
(25-06-2014, 11:27 PM)DAGGER Wrote: Tile grout and sawdust mate. Be happy to show you.

Cheers Jon, I saw mention of tile grout elsewhere - presumably that can be almost painted on with a brush? I'm just after a way to add a bit of minor "undulation" to the terrain before applying sand, flock, etc.
You can paint on after but I believe its better to mix in with paint so if any part chips it shows the same colour. Get the dark grout in any case. It is really tough though.
" Target Stop!"
Is the grout the right sort of consistency to be applied with a brush, or does it need to be applied with a spreader or something similar? Been a while since I did any tiling Smile
(26-06-2014, 04:02 PM)Stuart Wrote: Is the grout the right sort of consistency to be applied with a brush, or does it need to be applied with a spreader or something similar? Been a while since I did any tiling Smile

I've got some dark grout you can have Stu. You normally use a spreader... But can't see it makes any odds. Spread first, then use damp brush to finish... I also have a load of sawdust... Got some big enough paint pots I got for terrain you can mix in too... I can drop round if you like?

The boards I have done I have used all in one plaster and mixed in builders white glue to bind it, let go off then can use a cocktail stick to draw pavement slabs n stuff. Then damp brush to tidy up.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill