Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alan's Hobby Log
(24-07-2017, 08:41 AM)Agent0range Wrote: Just finished painting a ministorum priest in between working on all the tempestus scions that you can see behind him

[Image: 5eigqc.jpg]
[Image: 2hicj2h.jpg]

Looks great Alan! - Reminds me that I need to update my log later.

Out of interest, how many Scions do you have now?
Warhammer 40K - Knights of Saret (Space Marines), Cult of the Damned (Chaos/Daemons), 1st ERF (Astra Militarum), Death Guard & The Purge (Chaos/DG/Daemons), House Landsraad (Imperial Knights)
LOTR - Rohan, Mordor, Dwarves, Moria
Mordhiem - The Wild Rose Company (Dwarves)
Bloodbowl - Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, Undead
Guildball - Brewers, Masons
Dropfleet - UCM, Scourge, Shaltari, PHR
Dropzone - UCM
XWing - Rebels, Imperials
Bolt Action - Fallschrimjager
Gates of Antares - Algoryn
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

Currently Working On - Gates of Anatares - Ghar, Warhammer 40K - Death Guard and Necrons

Dismantle Mines, Yes? Or... you die..." - Variks, House of Judgement
I've got 2x 5 man squads with 2x plasma guns and plasma pistol, a tempestor prime and a command squad with two volley guns. Might buy another box to make a second tempestor and another command squad (maybe go all out and go 4x plasma).
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Models painted in 2017: 74
Models painted in 2018: 45
Models painted in 2019: 55
Speaking of scions....

Tempestor prime with command rod
[Image: 2017_08_06_19_01_22.jpg]

Command squad with 2x volley guns
[Image: 11qu5ba.jpg]

Tempestus scion squad with 2x plasmas and plasma pistol sergeant
[Image: 2hdp1fs.jpg]
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Looking pretty mean Alan, you sure they're Imperial Guard?? Wink
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Yep, new fangled stormtrooper models that are actually really cool to paint. I like all the options on the sprues, and even the old style beret heads too! I haven't gone too heavy with Scion spam, having seen how GW have adjusted razorwing flocks recently, I can forsee a price increase to scions and/or their plasma guns so I'm keeping to only a few squads rather than the current competitive build ofabout 8 of them.
Finished the last five

[Image: 2506lw1.jpg]
Just finished two Astropaths, 15 points per model for a dirt cheap psyker that can do smite and 1+ cover to the target.

[Image: o79h1v.jpg]
Love Astropaths, sounds like they're better in 8th too!
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Yeah the old metal models are still quite nice, although lacked a bit of detail on the face one it was painted and washed sadly. Haven't played them yet but apparently they're very good. Still the same toughness 3 mook, but is a cheap source of smite and one or two cool psychic powers, so a lot of people seem to use 2-3 to accompany infantry squads or conscripts and keep the enemy honest. For a small price it increases the damage output of an infantry squad or conscript block, being able to throw out a few mortal wounds.
Hobby time is proving hard to come by with a newborn around but I've managed to finally finish a few commissars that I've had around on my desk.

[Image: 1z65vtc.jpg]