Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40k 7th Edition is up for pre order 17th, releases 24th May
(29-05-2014, 07:38 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote:
(28-05-2014, 06:10 PM)GreyKnight Wrote: Interesting read.

This is what concerns me the most about 7th Edition really. I love the fluff surrounding 40K, I love the novels and the imagery. When I design my army lists I create an army that is in keeping with what the fluff says is "normal" for that race/army. I don't care about winning at any cost, what I do care about is having armies that have plenty of troop choices (because troops are what most armies are made up of in real life) and only fast/elites/heavies etc that are likely to be in that army for good reasons. Eg, I have Iron Warriors in 40K. They should have plenty of Havocs, Vindicators and long range fire power, that's what the Iron Warriors do. I limit things like fast attack because Iron Warriors are known for their siege warfare and big guns, their tactical preferences would make them shun bikes and Raptors etc.

The trouble is, I'm in a serious minority here and would never win a damn thing against players who just build the most fiendish lists, plus I guess that most players wouldn't want to agree to play me using "in character lists". It looks like 7th Edition is just going to make that even more of an issue.

I for one would be happy to play an in character list. Played a 3rd company dark angels with limited ravenwing and armory support against Peachy's Salamanders the other week and it was one of the closest most fun games I've had in a while. I have been thinking for a while about running a small campaign with a few players where there are serious limitations on FOC etc to make fluffy characterful lists. Might see if I can sort it out for the summer once work calms down. Don't know if it would get enough interest though?

Count me in! Just need a few more models as I can only make 1000 points at the moment.
40K - Chaos Space Marines BloodBowl - Dark Elves & Ogres
Battlefleet Gothic - Chaos Necromunda - Redemptionists

Iron within, Iron without!

Messages In This Thread
RE: 40k 7th Edition is up for pre order 17th, releases 24th May - by GreyKnight - 29-05-2014, 12:30 PM