Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40k 7th Edition is up for pre order 17th, releases 24th May
(15-05-2014, 10:21 AM)manrogue Wrote: Psychic Phase Info

Any psyker who selects all of their powers from a single discipline are granted the Primaris power for free.

Quote:Gary's anonymous source says:

Psychic tests are no longer leadership tests. You generate your total pool, allocate dice to cast and then roll them. 4+ succeeds. X number of successes are needed to cast the power. 3 successes, for most.

Certain things can give you a 3+ on the dice, like having an affinity with the discipline. 2 or more 6s you peril. So you can still fail to cast and perils but typically if you got 2 6s you should have passed.

To stop a power, allocate your warp charge dice and roll deny the witch. 6+ to succeed. 5+ if you have a psyker. +1 if they have a hood. +1 if you're a higher mastery level and nearby the unit being affected. Even powers that do not effect you can be stopped, like blessings.
Looks like my tau aren't blowing stuff up as easily anymore lol, only -2 to cover saves.
Interested to see if these changes to the Psychic phase are true, not that i'll be doing anything other than denying the witch rolls. Tongue
[/quote]

I really like that concept for spell flinging. Wouldn't mind it appearing in Fantasy, as it's a very unique way of casting powers.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen

Messages In This Thread
RE: 40k 7th Edition is up for pre order 17th, releases 24th May - by Gareth - 16-05-2014, 05:35 AM