Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40k 7th Edition is up for pre order 17th, releases 24th May
Another vid-

Hearing D-weapons have been nerfed (you now get invulnerable saves against them), and psychic phase could take ages with Eldar/Grey knights/ anything with lots of psychic powers.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
More info/rumours-
Quote: 4 Sample Missions (out of the $8 36-card set)

SECURE OBJECTIVE 3:
Score 1 Victory Point is you control Objective Marker 3 at the end of your turn.

SUPREMACY:
Score D3 Victory Points if you control at least two Objective Markers and at least twice as many Objective Markers as your opponent controls at the end of your turn.

OVERWHELMING FIREPOWER:
Score 1 Victory Point if you issued a challenge during your turn. If you issued 3 or more challenges during your turn, score D3 Victory Points instead.

HUNGRY FOR GLORY:
Score 1 Victory Point if an enemy unit was completely destroyed during the Shooting Phase of your turn. If you completely destroyed 3 or more enemy units during the Shooting phase of your turn score D3 Victory Points instead.

Apparently you draw a set of these pre-game, and trade them in for new ones once completed, or can discard one and re-draw once per turn, if you don't like your current hand.

Quote:Other 7th Edition Stuff
Wound allocation is now resolved on a weapon by weapon basis, so for example, no more flamers removing models 2 feet away.

Snapshots are resolved at -2BS

The vehicle damage chart has been altered to make vehicles slightly sturdier. They only "explode" on a 7+

Difficult terrain now reduces the attackers' charge distance by -2 inches.

Battle-forged Troops have scoring priority over non Troops units. They can claim objectives from non-Troop scoring units!

Ignore Cover is -2 to the targets's normal cover save

Psychic Phase Info

Any psyker who selects all of their powers from a single discipline are granted the Primaris power for free.

Quote:Gary's anonymous source says:

Psychic tests are no longer leadership tests. You generate your total pool, allocate dice to cast and then roll them. 4+ succeeds. X number of successes are needed to cast the power. 3 successes, for most.

Certain things can give you a 3+ on the dice, like having an affinity with the discipline. 2 or more 6s you peril. So you can still fail to cast and perils but typically if you got 2 6s you should have passed.

To stop a power, allocate your warp charge dice and roll deny the witch. 6+ to succeed. 5+ if you have a psyker. +1 if they have a hood. +1 if you're a higher mastery level and nearby the unit being affected. Even powers that do not effect you can be stopped, like blessings.
Looks like my tau aren't blowing stuff up as easily anymore lol, only -2 to cover saves.
Interested to see if these changes to the Psychic phase are true, not that i'll be doing anything other than denying the witch rolls. Tongue
Blood bowl Skaven
(15-05-2014, 10:21 AM)manrogue Wrote: Psychic Phase Info

Any psyker who selects all of their powers from a single discipline are granted the Primaris power for free.

Quote:Gary's anonymous source says:

Psychic tests are no longer leadership tests. You generate your total pool, allocate dice to cast and then roll them. 4+ succeeds. X number of successes are needed to cast the power. 3 successes, for most.

Certain things can give you a 3+ on the dice, like having an affinity with the discipline. 2 or more 6s you peril. So you can still fail to cast and perils but typically if you got 2 6s you should have passed.

To stop a power, allocate your warp charge dice and roll deny the witch. 6+ to succeed. 5+ if you have a psyker. +1 if they have a hood. +1 if you're a higher mastery level and nearby the unit being affected. Even powers that do not effect you can be stopped, like blessings.
Looks like my tau aren't blowing stuff up as easily anymore lol, only -2 to cover saves.
Interested to see if these changes to the Psychic phase are true, not that i'll be doing anything other than denying the witch rolls. Tongue
[/quote]

I really like that concept for spell flinging. Wouldn't mind it appearing in Fantasy, as it's a very unique way of casting powers.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Hmm so it means that most players will just wait until a nasty power comes before stopping it, which makes things like fortune on deathstars almost pointless or prescience on centurions Wink... Hmm some things to think about and a big game changer in the psychic dominated world of 40k.

All hail the twin linking scatter laser...

Pre-orders gone live, anyone else succumbed or just me?
Edit - well they went live at 7, i had got my order through at 7:08 ish after much to and fro ing lol
Blood bowl Skaven
12hrs later and my order is in! Fingers crossed I make the first delivery, went for 1 of everything lol.

I have not placed an order yet but will be. Working out what works and what does not will take a while. It did in 6th. With out all the rules it is almost impossible to figure out what will or will not work.

I do look forward to getting my head around the new rules.
I've found myself essentially not arsed by this at all, i hope the rules are good and balance the game a bit but im not able to justify a new rule book after 2 years? many other games are keeping me more interested. i think im actually done with 40k, at least for a while. Im going to be reducing my model count for Dark angels so expect to see them appear in the marketplace soon.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Updated allies table-
[Image: 9e59395ab1bce9246092fda107f46d1b_zpse653d746.jpg]
Blood bowl Skaven
and updated rumours-
Quote: -Sanctic:
Primaris – Banishment -> anti-demon (-1 invuln)
Gate of Infinity
Hammerhand
Str D Vortex.
Sanctuary, iirc makes demon within 12″ all move through difficult terrain.
Cleansing Flame (some nova)
One more spell, you target an opponent, both roll dice and add to ld, if you’re higher than him, he auto losses a W, no saves.

-Precision shot is a USR now, so guards need 6s to do precision after that Order.

-Str D now only ignores all saves on a six. If not a six, the Str D weapon profile’s AP is followed. Str D is also assumed to be S10, so T6+ will be safe from ID.

-Deny the Witch for passive spells, like blessings are denied on a six. However offensive/directed/maledictions spells that target you, is a different matter, your DTW rolls can be improved by brother ofpsyker +1, psyker mastery level being higher than the offensive caster+1 and adamantium will +1. So you could technically go up to a 3+ dtw against offensive powers.

-Smash, only one attack. rest of it same.

-Vector Strike. 1A only unless against a flier -then D3, AP2 Ignore Cover.

-Ignore Cover – No change.

-ICs cannot be in the same unit as a MC anymore.

-Telepathy Powers Invisisbilty – makes others snapfire at you. Shrouding – gives you shrouded only.

Prescience is still a Primaris

- mc's cant be joined by ICs, flying MCs cannot charge the turn they change flight mode

-Jump infantry now can use the jumpack both in movement and assault phases. Also it has jink.

>Snapshots are at BS1

>Psyker's level, Adamantium Will... only affect dispelling attempt when you are targeted by the power, dispelling Blessing requires natural rolls of 6

>Chariots now gives Relentless to the passenger, their rules were totally reworked so that they are more of a single entity with their passenger.

>Perils table, only a third is a real issue and a decent leadership severely diminish its impact. worse, one effect turns your psyker into superman for a turn. Another drains psychic dice for both players.

>Most Perils are a leadership test, with different results for success and failure, most of the better successes are lose a wound or hull point, best one gives you 3++ and possibly Smash, Armorbane, and Fleshbane until the start of the next Psychic Phase

>Imperial forces are all Battle Brothers with each other, non-Imperial seems to have made out relatively worse

>Battle Brothers share basically everything, Powers, abilities, transports, Warlord traits, Reserve altering effects.

>Sisters are acknowledged as an Imperial faction in the book (Including for whiners)

>Immobilized Flyers now have a chance to Crash and Burn

>Old Aquila Lander crash scenery has rules

>Gate of Infinity is now a Sanctic power, another is a strength D Vortex, most of the Grey Knight powers might be included as well

>Now when you activate a Force Weapon, you active all of them in a unit

>Chariot rider may not be able to disembark

>Missile Lock apparently effects more than just Blasts now

>To Deny the Witch you must match your opponent's number of successes, number you have to roll is a 6, having a higher Mastery Level Psyker in the unit dispelling, Adamantium Will, or being within range of a Psychic Hood each give you +1 to your roll, again except for dispelling Blessings

>Defending player apparently gets to choose how hits are allocated between passenger and Chariot
Blood bowl Skaven