Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40k 7th Edition is up for pre order 17th, releases 24th May
I only enjoy the competitive side of the hobby.

So waiting on what happens really.

I've played other games, but nothing taking my fancy... Guess it depends on what's about in Derbyshire soon enough. Although WHW is a short ride away... So not ready to leave GW games just yet...

(08-05-2014, 09:34 AM)manrogue Wrote: Just seems to be getting crazy, that text about Ezekial turning into a bloodthirster is just mental.

He summoned a Thirster, not became one.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Im not really sure what to make of all this yet! Confused i mean our whole race tends not to embrace change until it understands it so im not giving up on 40k just yet! Im very curious too see what theyll do with it and will definatly buy the book regardless. At least then ill know if the game still interests me or not! For my own sake i hope it does though as over the last two years or so of playing i have thoroughly enjoyed it Smile
More details-
Quote: mikhaila wrote:
I just got off the phone with my GW rep. No real new info, but he did state "pre-orders on the 17th and product on the 24th".

Another excerpt from the same issue of WD as other pics-

Quote: Warhammer 40,000 In the Bunker

With a new edition of Warhammer 40,000 on the horizon, Jes, Dan an Adam locked themselves in the hobby room with games designer Robin Cruddace to try out the new game mechanics.

Dan and Robin teamed up in a desperate alliance of Tau and Space marines, which led to many sideways glances and shifty manoeuvres. Adam and Jes chose Tyranids and had no such problems, chomping their way through everything in their path to steal most of the strategic objectives. In the end, the battle came down to a signle combat between Dan's Riptide and Adam's Hive Tyrant (who was worth a possible four victory points). Sadly, though not unexpectedly, the Hive Tyrant won.

Tau and Space marines might have stopped being BFF's! (though it could just be how the article is written)
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
7th! really so soon....

Hopefully worked, but apparently a GW video describing the changes in 7th?
Blood bowl Skaven
(12-05-2014, 12:02 PM)manrogue Wrote: Hopefully worked...

It does now Wink
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
After watching this video i am suprisingly reassured that there will be no wholesale changes to the competitive side of the game and that the guys that enjoy the fluff of 40k might be reasonably pleased. The standard foc we see in 6th can still be used and it sounds like a properly structured army will gain extra benefits. In terms of tournament setup, the organisers could simply say no to unbound armys as well as formations which would see the lists stay relativly the same depending on rule changes. I think im gonna pre order the book so i look forward to LENGTHY debates on new features and the endless list of 'grey areas' GW are sure to include!!
Having read about this and watched Jervis and the propaganda machine, I just don't see the point?

If anyone wanted to play a game, recreating a battle, as suggested, you just would. It's part of playing with friends. To release a RULE book, and say there are NO rules, is bizarre.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(12-05-2014, 12:32 PM)Stuart Wrote:
(12-05-2014, 12:02 PM)manrogue Wrote: Hopefully worked...

It does now Wink
Cheers Stu, hate that youtube is worked blocked, is a pain when trying to relay these rumours/new releases!

New pic-
[Image: Daemonology_zps96207013.jpg]
New rumoured changes-
Quote:I spoke with my FLGS guy who talked to the GW rep this morning. Not all of my questions were answered, but here is what I heard that is not something already all over the internet. This assumes the GW rep had his facts straight, and the FLGS guy relayed them correctly via the game of telephone.

Battle Brothers

Eldar/DE
Chaos/Daemons
All Imperium

All others were convenience, desperate or apocalypse.

No answer as to whether you can join units of battle brothers.

Psychic Phase

Roll a D6 and add the total mastery levels of all your psykers. You get that many power dice and your opponent gets that many DTW dice.

To cast a power, you need to roll a 4+ for every warp charge of the power you're using. So warp charge 2 = two 4+, meaning you'd need 4 power dice to have an average shot.

Your opponent dispels the power with a roll of a 6 on their dice. So the more dice they have, the more shots they get at rolling that 6 to cancel out that critical power. I was told that the mastery level of the psyker dispelling the power lowers the roll needed to dispel it. So a ML2 psyker dispels on a 5+, ML3 on a 4+. etc...

That is what I was told.

That seems wrong to me because Fateweaver, Eldrad and Ahriman could dispel anything on a 3+. More likely, I would think you compare mastery levels between the casting psyker and the dispelling psyker, and apply a bonus that way. This is conjecture. What I wrote above is what I was told.

What I also don't know is if there is a dice limit a psyker can use to cast or dispel a power based on their mastery level. I also don't know if you need two 6's to dispel a ML2 power. I assume you do.

You would figure Adamantium Will would give you +1 to DTW for powers cast at a unit with that rule.

Jink Save

Jink is a 4+, however it is no longer always on. You must declare a jink to claim it, and if you do so, it's snapshots only in the next phase.

Sweeping Advance

Unchanged. You do not consolidate into a new combat.

And that's all I got that's new! So you can go runtelldat.
Blood bowl Skaven