Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warhammer Fantasy Campaign 2014 - TURN THREE
After TURN TWO the approximate Scores on the Doors and random events:

nothing_but_the_rain 26 Shortcut - +3 Initiative this turn
jimbobabob 17 Explorers - Fantastic Boon - Upgrade a DESERT to and OASIS, or OASIS to TOWN.
Simian 17 Bumper Harvest - Your Oasis and fertile Oasis generate an extra 2 GOLD each this turn.
Noisysteve 16 Explorers - Fantastic Boon - Upgrade a DESERT to and OASIS, or OASIS to TOWN.
Dark Wolf 15 Spoiled Food - Lose 175 points
Etched Oracle 15 What was the plan? - Your opponent can choose which tile you put up this turn.
Andy 15 Hidden Fortress - You may upgrade one of your tiles to a Fortress
sprogmcjob 14 Bumper Harvest - Your Oasis and fertile Oasis generate an extra 2 GOLD each this turn.
CheZZoR 13 Skilled Artesan - No Effect
Rebel Squirrel 11 Explorers - Mercenaries - Add 175 points of mercenaries this turn only
Stygmatyr 11 Beautiful Weather - Gain 5 GOLD from bumper harvest
Gareth 9 Superior Husbandary - 1 mounted/animal unit gains a 1" Movement Rate.

I say approximate, because:
I have included Terry's upgrade from TURN TWO random event to a Fortress;
Dan a couple of territory upgrades after income at end of TURN TWO. Included Jim's new Mine.
But if anyone else paid for any territory upgrades at end of TURN ONE, or if they want to before they get TURN THREE income, then remind/request now please.

INITIATIVE for TURN THREE

nothing_but_the_rain 12.39
jimbobabob 9.44
sprogmcjob 9.2
Etched Oracle 9.09
CheZZoR 7.54
Andy 7.52
Simian 6.01
Dark Wolf 5.91
Rebel Squirrel 4.74
Gareth 4.42
Noisysteve 4.18
Stygmatyr 2.01

Please Note: Tom (Dark Wolf) and Terry (CheZZoR) are not available on 25th, and Jim is not yer sure.

SCENARIO THREE to follow
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
If anyone unavailable fancies beating me this round that's fine, I'll be available the following week, and can sort Saga out against John. If not I'll be happy to campaign it up on the 25th.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
[Notes: Currently you have managed to move up to 1,500 points through the void.

You can now increase this up to 1750, increase cost is 2 GOLD per 75 points.

If you want extra hero/special slots and magic items you must pay for those slots or have them via allies, or gained boons.

The maximum points you are ever allowed to field is 1,750.]

SCENARIO THREE is called GOLD RUSH.

Your local spies have found an oasis where bandits have stashed some GOLD. It's a race to grab the GOLD (and gain the oasis).

If you have the points available then you can field an army to maximum of 1,750 points. Must be correctly balanced.

Both roll a d6. Highest goes first. Choose a piece of terrain and place it on 6 x 4 board. Then next player does the same. Alternate to place 5 pieces of terrain. Terrain cannot be placed within 12" of a table edge or another terrain piece. So there will be 5 terrain pieces in the 4 x 2 central zone.

Each terrain piece has a treasure chest buried in it. To find a chest a unit must move in contact with terrain and next (or later) turn spend its movement digging. Each Chest contains 1d3+1 (2-4) GOLD (roll after battle).

A unit can only carry one chest.
A unit with a chest that enters combat and flees drops the treasure and the treasure automatically transfers to the victorious unit (If victors already have a chest, then a chest marker is placed 1" away from victorious unit in direction of fleeing foe. It sits on the field of battle until another unit with carrying capacity moves into contact with it.

To gain the GOLD you must either be in possession of the chest (held by a unit on the field) at end of 6 turns. OR you can have a unit voluntarily move off the field in good order with the chest. It cannot come back on.

However, this is also a battle for the Bandit Oasis. The winner of the battle will gain an oasis and as usual a territory from the losing side. To win the battle you must inflict 100 points of damage more to your opponent than he does to you.

Deployment. After terrain is placed roll d6 each. Winner chooses which edge - can be long or short to enter from. Units placed within 12" of board edge (so technically a unit could be in contact with terrain at start). Opponent sets up on opposite side.

Roll d6 each again, highest moves first.

There is potentially a lot to gain in this battle and the quirk is you can legitimately have units move off board if you think it a good tactic. They do not count as lost units for points.

TURN FOUR - for your early interest... There will be 4 battles on this night (rather than 6) with three armies fighting each other, loosely based on treachery rules, but there will be a twist! This is a real chance for tall poppies to be ganged up on and cut down to size. The winner can potentially gain territories from its two foes.

RIGHT - need Dan to choose his opponent, then the next and the next ready for Tuesday please.
What did we win for controlling the tower last turn ? Ill upgrade a desert to an oasis with my random event.
What is the actual effect of a hero gaining a level?
No you are right I dont need any more models......but it's so shiney

40K & WFB - Chaos daemons, BFG - Imperial, Warmachine - Cygnar,Retribution and Skorne. Blood Bowl - Chaos,dwarves,humans.
What you won is explained at end of turn two.

If your hero gains a level. Then basically it gets upgraded so a 2nd level hero wizard would become a 3rd level wizard lord for example (with original hero points cost).
Sorry missed the message on other posting about turn two but cheers, I assume the the wizard leveling up ignores normal limits, ie my Herald can normally only be a level 1.
I need to roll abilities for two units but can do that when i see you next

40K & WFB - Chaos daemons, BFG - Imperial, Warmachine - Cygnar,Retribution and Skorne. Blood Bowl - Chaos,dwarves,humans.
(21-03-2014, 12:15 PM)jimbobabob Wrote: Sorry missed the message on other posting about turn two but cheers, I assume the the wizard leveling up ignores normal limits, ie my Herald can normally only be a level 1.
I need to roll abilities for two units but can do that when i see you next

If a Herad 'could' be lev 2, i.e. gain a spell or whatever, that's the way to do it. Just improvise and let me know just in case it's OP!
normally a herald of Nurgle is restricted to being a level 1 wizard, I dont see it being too OP to let him go up one level above normal.
Do you want gold expenditure here or privately?

I will play against Steve's ogres please
40k - Orks
OK
MATCH 1 = DAN v STEVE - (Steve was here last week so may have to be the week after - Steve?)

Jim your choice next...