Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In Her Majesty's Name
Ben, looks like the British Rifle Company is the perfect excuse to pick up some Victorian Guard from Victoria (Lamb) Miniatures:

http://victoriaminiatures.highwire.com/p...agesize=12

Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
oh yes, those will work brilliantly.

this is the beginnings of my circus company
http://brigadegames.3dcartstores.com/Che..._2788.html

the weapons will be basic (you can only just hide pistols in some of those outfits) so they'll be an alternative type of company.

looking forward to our game.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
They look great Ben.

Couple of other possibilities that Steve pointed me towards from Empire of the Dead:

I've also ordered the first rules supplement.
Empire of the dead has some great choices, i have the great Ape from there on its way to be the Mutated Jekyll and Hyde style alternative for my ringmaster.

I love those bobbys
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Heroes, Villains and Fiends arrived today. Some really interesting forces in there, and now thinking those Victorian Guard would be a great fit for the Queens Own African Rifles - especially the Captain Caine figure.
Just remembered that I've still got an unopened Kingdom of Britannia Starter Set for Dystopian Legions - that should fit the bill!
yeah the HVF book adds a lot more potential for making your own company and really gives you an idea on how to balance it. that's where i saw the skinshifter rule and a few other bits i may be using for my Circus Company when they eventually arrive.

theres also some good companys on here

and player made ones here
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
How many points do you want to start with Ben?
i think standard is 200-250?
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
so after a successful test game last night, im very enamored with this game, the alternating activations for movement, then shooting, then combat really does make it very tactical. And the scope for custom companies is brilliant, especially with the addition of Heroes, Villains and Fiends.

if anyone else is interested it'd be great to get a few other games going on it.

if you want to read more, the site is here. http://inhermajestysname.wordpress.com/about/ and of course i can lend my book to anyone if they want a look.

there is a lot of room for a proper campaign in this too, and once the modifiers are understood i think games should be similar speed to a necromunda game, 1 1/2 hours ish.
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss