Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RWS Fantasy Campaign 2014 - TURN TWO
(20-02-2014, 06:15 PM)Agincourt Wrote: The rest of the battles have now been chosen (Tuesday night)

So we have
Alan v Tom
James v Steve (N.B. This will have to be first week of March as Steve is now working on 25th!!!)
Dan v Craig
Justin v Terry
Gareth v Ben

which leaves...
Simon v Andy (another group of Dark Elves have found a portal, plunged through with their 1500 points and by the quirks of the shifting sands set up a (Capital) base and grabbed some territory. No time for any rejigging though, as the initial dust settles the elves wake up to find some already battle-hardened dwarves marching across the sand towards them...)

Hi Paul, send me all important information on andrzejperski@wp.pl
WFB (DE) 2014...W-D-L...2-0-0
(20-02-2014, 06:59 PM)-=IP=- Wrote:
(20-02-2014, 06:15 PM)Agincourt Wrote: The rest of the battles have now been chosen (Tuesday night)

So we have
Alan v Tom
James v Steve (N.B. This will have to be first week of March as Steve is now working on 25th!!!)
Dan v Craig
Justin v Terry
Gareth v Ben

which leaves...
Simon v Andy (another group of Dark Elves have found a portal, plunged through with their 1500 points and by the quirks of the shifting sands set up a (Capital) base and grabbed some territory. No time for any rejigging though, as the initial dust settles the elves wake up to find some already battle-hardened dwarves marching across the sand towards them...)

Hi Paul, send me all important information on andrzejperski@wp.pl

Sent >3MB let me know if they get there.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
I-m now available for this Tuesday, so will play.
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
Cannot find my campaign pack (I know I had it Saturday morning so god knows what I have done with it.) Can anyone tell me if I have gold to buy both a Hero and Special slot. Territories are Road, Road and Fertile Oasis. Had an Oasis at the start of round one, and got Beautiful weather as my random result. Also does the territories I have mean I get 1590 points to play with at the moment?
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(24-02-2014, 08:42 PM)Gareth Wrote: Cannot find my campaign pack (I know I had it Saturday morning so god knows what I have done with it.) Can anyone tell me if I have gold to buy both a Hero and Special slot. Territories are Road, Road and Fertile Oasis. Had an Oasis at the start of round one, and got Beautiful weather as my random result. Also does the territories I have mean I get 1590 points to play with at the moment?

You can pay 2 GOLD to a add Hero Slot, 2 GOLD to add Special Slot, 2 GOLD to add Magic Item Slot.

Yes an extra 90 points

ALL original RULES handout
Players Generate Starting Terrain

Capital City (All get this) 5 BP 3 GOLD 2 special/heros Funds 1 Lord

Plus 4 random Tiles - Roll d6 on 1-5 roll 2d6 [Andy I rolled for you, you got 1 x Allied Settlement, 2 x Roads, 1 x Fertile Oasis]

2-5 Desert 1 BP
6 Roads 2 BP 2 GOLD +30 points
7-8 Oasis 2 BP 2 GOLD
9-10 Fertile Oasis 2 BP 4 GOLD +30 points +1 Initiative
11 Town 3 BP 4 GOLD
12 Bazaar 3 BP 4 GOLD +75 points +2 Initiative

On a 6 roll 2d6 on Special Table

2-3 Forgotten Ruin 3 BP Roll d6 @ start each turn; 1. Expedition Lost -2 GOLD and -150 points. 2. Return Empty Handed -2 GOLD. 3. Find enough to cover costs = 0.
4. Find 2 GOLD. 5. Find 4 GOLD and 30 points of magic items. 6. Find 4 GOLD and 75 points of magic items.
4 Wizard Tower 3 BP 2 GOLD A player's wizard can choose an additional spell
5-6 Monestary/Temple 3 BP 2 GOLD +100 points
7-8 Allied Settlement 3 BP 2 GOLD Choose Ally race, can field one ally hero or ally unit type
9 Dwarven Forge 3 BP 2 GOLD One unit in army can gain masterwork armour or weapons +1 Armour rating or re-roll any misses.
10 Mine 3 BP d6 GOLD
11-12 Fortress 4 BP -2 GOLD +125 points

>>> START CAMPAIGN (ORDER o Campaign Turns)

1 RANDOM EVENT Each Player Rolls 2d6 on Random Event Table(s)
2 Roll on Catastrophic Event Table
3 What was the plan? You lose the plot - your enemy can choose which tile(s) you put up (Not your capital)
4 Spoiled Food Lose 175 points
5 Corruption Lose d6 GOLD per 4 tiles you own (1-4 = 1d6, 5-8 = 2d6, etc.)
6 Bad Portents As a result you are slow to act have -2 Initiative penalty this turn only.
7 Roll on weather table
8 Roll on Trading and Crafting table
9 Roll on Explorer table
10 Bumper Harvest Your Oasis and fertile Oasis generate an extra 2 GOLD each this turn.
11 Allies You may add 175 points of allies to your force this turn.
12 Roll on Glorious Tidings table

Catastrophic Events (2d6)
2 Plague Unless you are a follower of Nurgle loose 375 points and a random tile.
3 Rebellion Lose half income and 225 points this turn to put it down.
4-9 Roll on dragon Table
10 Winds of Magic Flux Your Wizards only get half (rounded down) the power dice they roll and cast with irresistable force on any double.
11 Bad crops Half GOLD income 9round down) this turn
12 Skaven Tunnel Pops up in random tile and destroys it.

Weather (2d6)
2 Droughts Lose half GOLD income (round down)
3-4 Heat Wave APPLIES TO ALL PLAYERS THIS TURN. All compulsory and charge distances are reduced by 1d6.
5 Sand Storms APPLIES TO ALL PLAYERS THIS TURN. Maximum LoS Distance is 2d6*3 inches, per unit each turn of battle.
6-10 Normal weather
11 Beautiful Weather Controling player gains a d6 GOLD from fertile production.
12 Perfect Conditions Oasis produces extra 2 GOLD, all other GOLD producing tiles produce an extra 2 GOLD on roll of 4+ on d6.

Dragon (d6)
1 Destroyed 1 random tile is destroyed
2 Heavily Damaged 1 random tile is damaged, it generates nothing this turn, next turn roll d6, 4-6 it is salvaged, 1-3 it falls into total ruin (destroyed)
3 Marauding Lose half revenue and 375 points fighting dragon off.
4 Marauding Lose quarter revenue and 175 points fighting dragon off.
5 Marauding Lose 125 points fighting dragon off.
6 Ominous Flyby No ill effects

Trading and Craftsmen (d6)
1 Swindled (roll d6) 1. -2 GOLD. 2. Lose 175 points. 3. Cavalry move 1" less this turn. 4. Re-roll successful armour saves.
5. Wheeled vehicles roll d6 at start, 1-3 they cant move. 6. Magic Items don’t work on 1-3 when you try them.
2 Skilled Artisan No effect
3 Weapons Superior Weapons may re-roll misses on one unit.
4 Superior Husbandry One cav unit gains 1" move to max of 10"
5 Armourer One unit is equipped with Heavy Armour even if not allowed.
6 Increased Trade Add 225 points for this turn

Explorers (2d6)
2 Enemy Agent reveal all magic items and any hidden units, etc. at start of turn
3 Ancient Ruins roll once on Forgotten Ruin
4 Mercenaries Add 175 points of mercenaries this turn only
5 Merchant Caravan Gain 2d6 GOLD
6 Shortcut +3 Initiative this turn
7 Secret Info your opponent must reaveal all magic items and hidden units etc for this battle
8 Hidden Town Adds 175 points of core troops this turn
9 Fantastic Boon Upgrade a DESERT to and OASIS, or OASIS to TOWN.
10 Spies gain +3 Initiative and reveal opponents magic and hidden
11 Hidden Fortress You may upgrade one of your tiles to a fortress
12 Ancient Arcana All your Wizards generate an extra power dice so long as the wizrd holding the stone does not lose it.

Glorious Tidings (2d6)
2 Hidden Passages Permenant +2 Initiative
3 Extra Settlement Upgrade an Oasis into a Town
4 Treasure Horde Double GOLD output this turn
5 Egg An egg provides you an appropriate monstrous mount for free.
6 Spy You permenantly plant a spy in one enemy capital, it makes free espionage roll each turn. If it fails it dies.
7-8 Extra Training One core unit can gain +1 WS or +1 BS permanent
9 Inspiring Leader Your leader may add +1 leadership or extend Leadership by 6" permanent
10 Lucky One free re-roll per battle during this turn.
11 New Army Gain 375 points this turn
12 Golum You discover a stone gollum that joins your army (basically a giant).

2 COLLECT TAXES (GOLD)

3 PAY UPKEEP
2 GOLD per <500 points
2 GOLD to field Leader
2 GOLD per Fortress or become Oasis
2 GOLD upkeep for Lords beyond 1st (Capital City pays for 1st Lord/Leader)

4 ROLL INITIATIVE & CHOOSE OPPONENT

5 EMERGENCY CHANGES & SABOTAGE
2 GOLD per 50 points - swap 1 unit/item out and back from home world. (no roll required)
2 GOLD Sabotage Attempt - Your agent has Leadership 8 and makes leadership Roll. Reveals Magic and hidden items this turn.
2 GOLD Espionage Attempt - Your agent has Leadership 8 and makes leadership Roll. Choose Enemy Tile, roll d6, if higher than its BP value the tile counts as zero
and provides nothing this turn

6 END OF TURN SPELL
Instead of fielding a 3rd Level Spellcaster roll 2d6
2 Epic Miscast
3 Lose 150 oints this turn
4 Only generate half power dice
5 If you loose a battle and enemy chooses a tile to take, you can make it a random tile on 4+
6 You scry and gain the benefits from one opponents tile for this turn
7 Your lands cannot be attacked this turn = you cannot lose a tile.
8 Gain a boon or remove d6 GOLD from one enemy
9 Gain a boon AND remove d6 GOLD from one enemy
10 Gain magic item from your army list for free
11 Choose enemy wizard roll d6, 1-3 he permanently loses a wound. 4 loses a level this turn. 5 loses 2 levels this turn. 6 loses 2 levels this turn and irresistable force on all doubles.
12 Destroy an enemy non-capital tile.

7 BATTLE

8 POST BATTLE EFFECTS
Roll d6 for each surviving Hero. On 6 gain veteran ability, +1 if on winning side, +1 for every challenge won, +1 for every banner captured.
Heros gaining 2 levels can become a Lord of same type.
Lords can get promoted to next level of lord where appropriate.
Winning side can grant vet abilities to 2 units (1 unit can have max 3 boons) that survive battle.
Losing side can grant to 1 unit surviving battle
Vet units falling below 50% lose an ability (roll)
Destroyed Vet units lose 2 abilities (roll)

9 CASUALTIES
Destroyed Units roll d6 - 1-2 they are destroyed, 3-6 they are survivors
Units on less than 50% points are survivors, roll d6, 4-6 they recoup for next battle, 1-3 they cannot be fielded next battle but are OK after that.
Heros see their tables

10 RANSOM / EXECUTE CAPTURED HEROES

11 UPGRADES
2 GOLD add Hero Slot
2 GOLD add Special Slot
2 GOLD +75 points
2 GOLD add Magic Item Slot
4 GOLD Upgrade Desert to Oasis
6 GOLD Upgrade Oasis to Town
10 GOLD Upgrade tile to Fortress

12 SWAP UNITS between The Isle and Home World
In theory, you can send units home from the front and replace them with fresh units. This is also possible for Home-World magic items.
However, it's not that simple. Assuming you have a full 1500 point compliment, then you have to send 'stuff' home, leaving a 'hole', then send stuff back out from home. There is always a chance stuff doesn't go, or is delayed in transit, and then the same applies to replacement stuff coming back the other way. This is a unit by unit and magic item by magic item roll, basically roll a d11-66, 11-13 means it is delayed in transit (until after next battle), 14-16, means it doesn't go at all. If you wanted to send a 100 point unit of archers home and replace them with 2 x magic items worth 100 points, three rolls are required.

For a cost of 2 GOLD per 100 points no roll is required.
Cheers Paul. I have a few questions to ask, but I'll sort it out at the club. Found my pack today, but having it on the forum saves me the embarrassment before next round.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
i think i know how many point i have to play with......i'll check before starting tonight.

New dwarfs or old dwarfs by the way?
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Paul I finally think I have my head sorted for this. I am going to need to make some replacement rolls, for both dead units, and switching things about. I will gab you at the start to sort out what I need to do with regards to this.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
OK - no probs...