Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RWS Fantasy Campaign 2014 - TURN TWO
Now I have received everyone’s territories these are the scores on the doors.
Tom, Steve and Dan are top of the pile after TURN ONE on 17 Battle Points.
Remember the winner is the army with most Battle Points at end of TURN SIX.
BATTLE POINTS at end of TURN ONE
Dark Wolf 17
Noisysteve 17
nothing_but_the_rain 17
Etched Oracle 15
Rebel Squirrel 14
sprogmcjob 13
Simian 12
Stygmatyr 12
CheZZoR 11
Gareth 11
jimbobabob 10
All to play for…

STOP PRESS in the TURN TWO Random Events Simian gained a Territory upgrade to a Fortress, should he wish to take it = +2BP…

Which links nicely to… As suggested by some, to save a bit of time, I have pre-rolled Random Events and Initiative. (I used an on-line dice machine…)

The next list is the order of Initiative (includes the bonuses some of you have) and the Random Events, for TURN TWO, as follows:

sprogmcjob 11.78 Normal Weather
jimbobabob 10.37 Increased Trade +225 points this turn
Rebel Squirrel 9.48 Normal Weather
Dark Wolf 9.33 What was the plan? Your enemy chooses which tile you put up..
Stygmatyr 8.52 Swindled - Lose 2 GOLD
Noisysteve 8.22 Bumper Harvest - Oasis and F.Osis earn extra 2 GOLD each
CheZZoR 7.12 Gain Superior Weapons for one unit - they re-roll misses!
nothing_but_the_rain 6.62 What was the plan? Your enemy chooses which tile you put up..
Gareth 6.26 Normal Weather
Etched Oracle 5.99 poor animal husbandry your horses move 1" less this turn!!!
Simian 3.22 You may upgrade one tile to a fortress

STOP PRESS – The Random Event rolls were quite interesting relative to the BP Position Table. Two of the Tall Poppies, Tom and Dan rolled ‘bad’ and their opponent can choose which tile they have to put up if they lose. James currently supporting the BP Table has a chance to turn things around as he has got a 225 point free army bonus for TURN TWO. Terry who already boasts a Dwarven Smithy that gives him re-rolls for one unit, went trading with some Sand People who have equipped him with a set of ‘re-roll misses’ superior weapons for another of his units! The Dwarves thought some horses might help them but they didn’t like the look of the lumps on their backs.
“It’s the way we roll!”

So… Alan you can choose your opponent first… Let me know who, then I’ll invite next person to choose, etc. In this way if you wanted to other than the last week potentially you could.

TURN TWO – SCENARIO TWO - Kidnapped
This round is a 1,500 (plus any territory or one-off bonus points to a MAX of 1,750) point head to head. (Note if you picked up an artefact in TURN ONE that’s a bonus magic item that has a cost of zero. If you didn’t get one then find out who is carrying one and go and get it!)

You will face each other along the long edges of 6x4 tables. In the centre of table is a tower. There are then four other terrain pieces, two sand pillar ‘woods’ (use trees), a hill, and rocky wall section (use two wall or hedges = hard cover). You roll off, highest roller takes first pick and places anywhere, then alternate. No rolling for which side you want. You place terrain to your known advantage.

The King of the Sand People’s daughter and her 5 handmaidens have been kidnapped. They have been split up and imprisoned in towers across the land. He has offered a piece of territory to the Lord who rescues his daughter. Unfortunately no-one knows which tower holds his daughter…
To win the battle you need to defeat your opponent by doing at least 100 points more damage to him than he does to you (bonus points for standards and battle standards, generals, apply, but any artefacts from TURN ONE have zero point value (unless as a captured standard bonus). To rescue the girl you need to have a unit in the tower at end of round 6. (Tower classed as single storey building works as per standard building rules.)

Winning the battle gains you a territory off your opponent and a BP. However, it is possible you could lose the battle but be occupying the tower and rescuing the girl at end of battle. The tower that holds the princess will be the one captured by the battle winning army that has the highest (difference) winning score. If all towers are held by ‘losers’ then the tower held by the 'best loser' (lowest score difference) will hold the princess. He who finds the daughter gains the extra territory prize. Those only finding the hand-maidens will gain a ‘favour’ from the King.

RULES and stuff edit follows here:

After establishing Random Events and Initiative Order please do the following:

GOLD :- There was no upkeep required in TURN ONE. You received a GOLD income from your territories (with bonuses or penalties from Random Events). Whatever the final total was, that is the Warchest you begin TURN Two with.

TURN TWO – Add your territory income to Warchest. Add or Subtract Rdm.Event bonus/penalties.

UPKEEP:- You should have rolled dice to see which of your units that fell to below half-strength survived, etc. Those that didn’t will have reduced your Total Army Value down from the original 1500 points. Your surviving point total will cost you an upkeep of 2 to 6 gold, i.e. 1001 to 1500 points left costs 6 GOLD.

Rule Amendment 001: Originally I stated that bonuses and some other changes that occurred during a battle, like Chaos Warrior heros gaining combat stats, etc. were permanent. This is now scrapped. The only permanent changes of this nature come from units gaining post-battle Veteran status.

Rule Amendment 002: Dwarven Runic Magic (and the like), is not permanent and only lasts for the battle.

Rule Amendment 003: Units, Merging of Units and Veteran Units. If you had 2 units of 20 warriors that survived the battle, they re-coup their losses, and if you want to re-deploy them as one unit of 25 and one of 15, or merge them into a single unit of 40, etc. no problem. Veteran Units can split up, and can merge with other Veteran Units with the same bonus, but if they combine with other units that are not the same type of bonus, then their bonus is diluted and does not apply until such time as they are only fighting as a same-type unit. You can also split large units into smaller units so long as Specials have enough unit slots.

Rule Amendment 004: Sub-units – e.g. Night Goblin Fanatics. Once they have ‘appeared’ they are classed as a unit in their own right. If their parent unit gets destroyed, the fanatics are still there, and vice-versa. Veteran status is only assigned to the parent or the sub-unit. In this way the sub-unit can be re-assigned to a different parent unit and keep any Vet abilities it may have, etc.

UPGRADES and UNIT SWAPPING: In theory this should be done at end of turn, not at this stage (my fault). So this turn I am ruling as follows. You can’t increase size of army beyond 1500 from home world this go. If you lost units, you have a deficit that can be filled. If you want to send troops home and replace them you can. Ditto magic items. However, it will work like this. First you send stuff home. You will need to send stuff through in batches of 100 points (or as near as is possible to facilitate minimum unit sizes, etc.). Give me a list of what you want to send home, batch by batch, and I’ll roll to see if they get there. Then do the same for what you want to have come back the other way, and I’ll roll for them. It may be you end up with an army of less than 1500 points.
If you don’t want to risk that a batch gets stuck in the void you can invest 2 GOLD per batch.

You can pay 2 GOLD to a add Hero Slot, 2 GOLD to add Special Slot, 2 GOLD to add Magic Item Slot.

Territory upgrades we will do before start of TURN THREE not now.

SABOTAGE: Before the Battle you can pay 2 GOLD and roll 2d6. On a score of 8 or less your opponent must declare all magic items and hidden stuff. And/or pay 2 GOLD and roll 2d6 and on 8 or less STOP your opponent using the troop effects of one of his tiles, so allies from an allied settlement might be compromised, or the bonus points might not turn up, or storm damage means that GOLD needs to be paid back for repairs, etc.

END OF TURN SPELL (badly named) – If you have a 3rd level spell caster and don’t field it in battle you can choose to cast an end of turn spell before the battle (see the table).

…That’s about it for now, I think…
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
PLEASE NOTE I have now added the other stuff and fluff to the end of the first post...
I have a question, whats a fortress?
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(13-02-2014, 04:51 PM)Simian Wrote: I have a question, whats a fortress?

You can find them on the original handout tables under special territories

Fortress 4 BP -2 GOLD +125 points

So they give you 4 BPs and allow you to field an extra 125 points BUT they don't generate GOLD they COST 2 GOLD. If you can't afford to pay upkeep they revert to an Oasis.
So does that mean we can't hire any extra troops this turn, limiting us to 1500pts plus bonuses from territories? Or can we spend gold to hire troops up to the 1750? And can we spend gold to upgrade our territories?
40k - Orks
(13-02-2014, 05:38 PM)nothin_but_the_rain Wrote: So does that mean we can't hire any extra troops this turn, limiting us to 1500pts plus bonuses from territories? Or can we spend gold to hire troops up to the 1750? And can we spend gold to upgrade our territories?

Sorry I didn't make that bit clear...

You can't bring more than 1500 points through the void until after the battle of this turn. But you can upgrade territories, so if you have 10 GOLD to spend upgrading a fortress you could gain 125 local points.
What happens if the building is destroyed?
All the Skaven run away. Stop targeting it with cracks.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(13-02-2014, 06:55 PM)Gareth Wrote: All the Skaven run away. Stop targeting it with cracks.

Slaves aren't so good at holding it though... best blow it up - such is the Skaven way
u going after the handmaidens so blowing it up is a bad idea unless u want to enrage the sand king.....