Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAGA 4pt tournie evening
I'm free as well so count me in Smile
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(05-06-2014, 10:07 PM)Noisysteve Wrote: I think I am actually free that week !!

Good stuff - tried to calculate a date you could make!

(05-06-2014, 11:25 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: I'm free as well so count me in Smile

Excellent!
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
John is up for this too.
Updated first post with rules etc. Let me know what I've missed, what needs clarification, what sounds stupid, etc. I plan to get some 4' x 3' boards cut for the event.
(19-06-2014, 02:03 PM)Stuart Wrote: Updated first post with rules etc. Let me know what I've missed, what needs clarification, what sounds stupid, etc. I plan to get some 4' x 3' boards cut for the event.

Don't bother Stu. Grand Melee used 4'x4' but you couldn't go within M of the back section. Save the money, it's not too hard for people to fudge it.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
It's no bother, I've already got much of the MDF kicking around anyway. I'll see how I'm doing for time.
Player sheet:

.pdf   SAGA Hackathon Player Sheet.pdf (Size: 553.93 KB / Downloads: 341)

Hopefully captures the salient figures that I can bung into a spreadsheet to calculate results. I'll print these out and bring them along on the night.
Stuart idea from the Grand Melee.

They randomised the first four rounds, hoping to pair experienced vs non-experienced players (they didn't ask who was who though,) before seeding rounds five and six.

The suggestion being to "fix" round one to give say Myself, John, Paul and Chris/Yourself, one of the newer players so it acts as intro/refresher for those guys. However I also understand the feeling that it might be giving the more experienced folks a boost, but you could make round 1 worth no points either way (just kills counting towards tie-breakers,) or reduced points to the experienced players, or something.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Interesting suggestion. I think simplicity should reign in this first event, so we'll just randomise the first round and see how we get on.

Hoping to find an extra player from somewhere so I can paper shuffle rather than participate, and perhaps then lend a hand where needed.
At the tourney we did a couple of bods I played showed interest in coming along. If you contacted organiser maybe he would know who I played and I could contact. Bit short for time, but nothing ventured...
Or someone from alvechurch. But they are a bit good!
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill