Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
choices, choices
As a new comer to the hobby I was wondering what rules and system that people would recomend for Neopolonic and ECW gamming. I know that this falls into the how long is a piece of string area but was just wandering
Bolt action and warlord games seems to be one people mention in the historical section the most, no idea myself though.

Hopefully Stu, Jim or Steve will along to give a better answer though! Tongue
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
No experience of ECW I'm afraid (although might be worth dropping a direct line to Simon as he has played this era).

For Napoleonic we've recently tried Sharp Practice from Too Fat Lardies and Song of Drums and Shakos from Ganesha Games. Both are good fun and probably among the quicker games to play. I can bring the rules along if you'd like to have a look?
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
As Vince says some of the Warlord Games titles might be a good fit as well (I'm yet to try them though) - specifically Black Power and Pike & Shotte.
Thanks for the sugestions. As a new comer to this hoby I have brought a couple of the magazines available in my local Smiths ( I was quite suprised to find any let alone 3, bromsgrove Smiths at times being worse than usless! ) and having read the articals - well after reading the adds - and I am getting confused. Hopefully when I get chance to meet you all things might become easier for me to understand .... be aware a thousand and one questions coming soon Wink
Just remembered that Warlord have a rulebook sale on at the moment if that's of any interest: http://store.warlordgames.com/collections/book-deal

Don't know whether our GCN 20% discount code for Warlord applies to sale prices, and some of the books can be had cheaper on Amazon.