Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dwarves in Feb
(03-02-2014, 03:26 PM)nothin_but_the_rain Wrote:
(03-02-2014, 02:34 PM)Simian Wrote: Thunderers jumping to Rare scuppers my original plan for my small dwarf force. oh well, i'll rejig when i get the army book.

wish the new Longbeards/Hammerers weren't 10 per box....especially not for £30!

Could just be that Rangers are moving to Rare. Yeah 30 quid for 10 makes pretty expensive for my planned 30 man unit!

Exactly, i wanted a nice thematic 30 man unit too. not paying that though!
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
I don't have my Dwarf book to hand, but if I recall Rangers was an upgrade to any unit. If so all troop boxes would drop into rare, rather than the ranged. Or am I making things up?
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Rangers were an upgrade to Warriors, Quarrelers or Longbeards
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
So lack of Warriors in their rare section on site, would discount it being Rangers that are rare. Unless they dropped rangers from the Warriors.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(03-02-2014, 04:22 PM)Gareth Wrote: So lack of Warriors in their rare section on site, would discount it being Rangers that are rare. Unless they dropped rangers from the Warriors.

I guessing (or hoping) that Rangers will get their own unit entry in rare instead of being a unit upgrade and come with crossbows as standard. Handguns are pretty common in Dwarf armies so can't see Thunderers being a rare choice. Could well be wrong though! We will see later this month.
40k - Orks
new rule book will be out 15th i'd guess. I'll work out what the hell im doing with my force then, not building anything else before that
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
Quote:Pre-orders 8th; release 15th:
Warhammer: Dwarfs 30£
Gyrocopter/Gyrobomber 28£
Runelord 13£
Grimm Burlockson (new engineer SC) 13£

£28 for the gyrocopter?! how much was the finecast?! seems pricey.
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
Moving Thunderers to Rare seems illogical, unless someone can point out a previous instance where they've moved a unit from Core to Rare? (Not Special to/from Rare, just Core).
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
(03-02-2014, 05:54 PM)Etched Oracle Wrote: Moving Thunderers to Rare seems illogical

I'll qualify that by linking this bizarre magazine, when it comes to illogical decisions. So far I have not seen any rule leaks, but imagine their hand guns were S5 Armour Piercing Flaming, that would be brutal enough to bump them down. Maybe the force is changing direction, from stand and shoot, play the most boring game ever, to something that requires engaging with the enemy. That could be a cause to restrict missile fire.

Two things are certain with this book. Firstly it's going to be interesting to see if it's not just a website error. Secondly at least two UK tournament attendees, will have been involved in play testing, and neither can stand the sit back and shoot Dwarfs.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Pic of the gyro copter-
[Image: BfroSjDCYAAYMye.jpg]
more pics can be found here-
http://plastickrak.blogspot.co.nz/2014/0...pters.html
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven