Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Factions
Guessed as there was no official Warmachine rabbel thread, I should create the ultimate place to discuss teacake organization and stuff like that.

Ordered some stuff from Wayland Games just now, I got:
  • A Hierophant Warcaster attatchment
  • The Covenant of Menoth Solo
  • A unit of TFG
  • TFG attatchment (Officer and Standard Bearer)

So yeah, got a fair amount of stuff, but it just allows me to have some options with my army, and so I can really get to know the rules (maybe in the next millenia) to have some 30/35pt battles.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
I would definitely recommend a Vassal at some point, as he's your only Repair option for the army, and the Wracks as for 1pt they're a fantastic choice in a "I only have 1pt left, what do I take?!" situation. If you want to expand outwards a bit, an amazing edition to any Menoth army would be the Mercenary solo, Rhupert The Piper of Ord. He is awesome if you're going troop heavy as he supports and boosts your units via the power of song & bagpipe!
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
(14-06-2011, 09:30 PM)Etched Oracle Wrote: I would definitely recommend a Vassal at some point, as he's your only Repair option for the army, and the Wracks as for 1pt they're a fantastic choice in a "I only have 1pt left, what do I take?!" situation. If you want to expand outwards a bit, an amazing edition to any Menoth army would be the Mercenary solo, Rhupert The Piper of Ord. He is awesome if you're going troop heavy as he supports and boosts your units via the power of song & bagpipe!

Gotta say, I'm quite keen to get some Mercinaries, but so far I've only ever seen the ones in the Rulebook Prime, so I'll definatley have to have a further look into getting a bagpipe flute singer guy as he does sound pretty awsome.
I also like that Eiriss girl mercinary, as I know that she's got some pretty nasty tricks up her crossbow's sleeve, as, when we did the doubles, Mike used her (not too her full potential, though, as we forgot to move her first turn, but here rules sound pretty devious to me) and I reckon that she could be pretty nice in my army. What do you think to this?

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Eiryss is considered one of those solos that every army could take. Not an auto-include but she will always do good no matter the army. She has two versions, Prime and Epic, and both are similar with only a few differences.

She's worth a few play tests but for yourself, there are other Mercs who benefit you more directly. Like Rhupert, who I cannot stress enough to you as to how awesome an addition to a Menite force he is. The problem you have is, due to you all being crazed religious fanatics, not many of the Mercs will work for you (In fear of a wracking. Or cleansing with fire) and the only other one I can think of off the top of my head is Lady Aiyana & Master Holt, a character duo who add some Magical buffs and interesting attacks.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
Long haired kid, apart from a trip to the barbers it might be worth you listening to some of the WM podcasts such as "Guts and Gears" or "Boosted Damage." If you go through their back catalogue on iTunes then you will find books reviews on the Menoth and Merc forces books, that could give you some ideas. I would also add "Dragon Storm," as they are Welshies and remind me of phone calls to my family, but they havn't been going long and have no faction reviews in their shows yet. Listening to podcasts at work based on Wargaming, is how I get through my day, but most people use them as a background, whilst painting.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I have the Mercs book and the new expansion (Wrath) book. I'll bring them up on Tuesday for everyone to have a gander.
They say dead men tell no tales, but a burning man sure does scream a lot.
(15-06-2011, 09:42 AM)Gareth Wrote: Listening to podcasts at work based on Wargaming, is how I get through my day, but most people use them as a background, whilst painting.

Hmmm, perhaps a RedWarSoc podcast is something we could consider for the future. With a special feature on teacakes.

Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Tell, you what, I do like the sound of the 2 Army BattleBox, although, I reckon that I'm gonna just get a Vanquisher next... oh no, wait... I'm gonna finish what I've got to paint off first, then I'm gonna get some more stuff.Blush

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
(15-06-2011, 09:27 PM)Luke the Squig Wrote: Tell, you what, I do like the sound of the 2 Army BattleBox, although, I reckon that I'm gonna just get a Vanquisher next... oh no, wait... I'm gonna finish what I've got to paint off first, then I'm gonna get some more stuff.Blush

I'd recommend getting the Mennoth Heavy Warjack box where you get the option of building either a crusader, vanquisher or templar. Of course with the right application of rare earth magnets, you could have all of them...... only one at a time.

I'm up for a teacake related podcast Wink
They say dead men tell no tales, but a burning man sure does scream a lot.
Hoping for the stuff to be here sometime this week, so we may be seeing some TFG in about a fortnight!

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)