noble with GW and amour that gives 2+ save
noble with GW and banner of avelorn
30 lothern seagaurd FC
15 archers
15 archers
27 sowrdmasters FC banner of world dragon
25 swordmasters FC
10 sisters of avelorn

the centre is my death star either in horde formation if i get the right spell (auto pass leadership) or normal ranks with the 2 most op banners i can think of
flank by 2 other fairly nice infantry blocks archers in the centre ie is to perform a left to right or vice versa sweep with the death star
the main strength is domination in the magic phase the main weakness is i will get outmanoeuvred if i place my things even sightly wrong
I still think you need a fast unit to keep up with your Death Star to protect its arse/draw attention away for a turn. Once you buff up the units speed, which you no doubt will be able to, it could run ahead of the rest of your army and become seperated.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
Ok Alan, where are your characters sitting. I assume you mean in the 27 Sword Masters, but is it the 30 Lothern? What do you mean by auto pass leadership? What tests are you scared of failing, is it a break test? If so can you fit the Crown of Command on a model, meaning the unit is stubborn. How are you going to deal with diverters? Its all well and good having a combat army, but if someone can dictate what combats you fight, its hardly ideal. What is you contingency if you roll the wrong spells on your mages? How does a worst case scenario of not getting the spells you want, mess your army up? How do you deal with 1+ armour save models? I am assuming its the Swordmasters, but I can see you struggling to beat Demigriffs, Mournfang and Skullcrushers.

Its not a bad list (too be honest its something I prefer to mine,) but I think you have some big holes in the army. However I think mine has slightly more answers to issues (less so since the Archers were fitted in.) However the main thing is Alan, are you happy to play with that army? If so then use it.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
A) the spell is light of battle?? its number 3 on lore of light reason the death block is going horde formation and will get flank charge everyone goes into the death blcok bar the light wizard who goes into an archer or one of the other blocks
B)the problem is while i can make it so the unit is unkillable (wskill 10, -1 to hit, T7 ward +2vs magic attacks 4/5+ vs non magic) and maybe even regrow them theres no offesnive buff spells other than time walk (+1 attack double movement always strike first lol is redundant) so getting past +1 is through mass attacks (even space marines die through mass attacks)
c)diverters is though archers i have 64 shots a turn maybe shems burning gaze depends on the diversion
e) done some rolling on the lore charts worse time i rolled was only able to get 4 buff spells but also got dwellers below,banishment and shems burning gaze not great but condering i rolled about ten times to generate means its prttey hard to not get somthing
skullcrushers are a dream match up gaz since they have magic attacks so i have a +2 ward save
the main promblem is flyers but u forget i used to be a dwarf player so flyers were always an issue the formation deployment is paramount in those battles
main thing i enjoy this army it has a combo feel and matches my play style well

ps gaz confused on where i should submit the list any clues??
send your list in the format described in the rules pack to battlefield-birmingham@hotmail.co.uk
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(21-01-2014, 10:44 AM)Gareth Wrote: send your list in the format described in the rules pack to battlefield-birmingham@hotmail.co.uk

I still think you are going to struggle. But if your happy playing, play. But a well timed dispel scroll, will cost you most games, and without early threat, that scroll will sit there waiting for the right moment.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
but thats my point what will they scroll the set up i hav allows me to cast 4-5 spells with only 7 power dice (plus alarille is able to attemp to recast spells if they failed (stave of avelorn)
death star does not which is why they put a limit on big blocks of infantry to stop u trying all your points into one hard to kill unit
over half the army points are betting on this unit and thats the playstyle i like go big or go broke Big Grin
(21-01-2014, 12:24 PM)sprogmcjob Wrote: but thats my point what will they scroll the set up i hav allows me to cast 4-5 spells with only 7 power dice (plus alarille is able to attemp to recast spells if they failed (stave of avelorn)
death star does not which is why they put a limit on big blocks of infantry to stop u trying all your points into one hard to kill unit
over half the army points are betting on this unit and thats the playstyle i like go big or go broke Big Grin

One roll of 1-2 and your screwed. So 7 dice will probably get you 3 spells if your lucky.

However I played at 3 events last year, 2 with the right army, and preferred the games I played with the wrong army. So army list isn't always the most important thing.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen