Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bretonnians Getting Squatted?
Personally don't believe this for a minute, but did have to laugh that cause shares dropped 26% or whatever, the sky is falling. Lol.
Quote:http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/bre...e.html?m=1

It seems a lot of Bretonnian models are disappearing from the GW online store. While this alone may not mean anything, there is something more ominous in the future. A rumor that Bretonnians may be getting the Black Templar treatment.

Please remember that these are rumors, and these are still largely unknown, so please add some extra salt to them.

via a reader here on Faeit 212
Hey Natfka, bit of mild news in case nobody has reported it yet, a large number of
Bretonnian models have disappeared from the GW online store, among them
several Lord and Hero options, the Grail Reliquary, and the Trebuchet kits.

via another reader on Faeit 212
According to one rumor, Bretonnia is going to be squatted as an independant army. They are going to instead pull a Black Templars with the Empire, calling the book "Kingdoms of Men" or something like that.

Now, I am not sure how valid this is, given word of mouth is not a reliable source of rumor - so I suggest you check with your sources first. However, this would explain why various options are being pulled.

As for the doom and gloom, there's a bit of a silver lining. Old Empire players might remember a time where more exotic units like Kislevite Lancers and Dwarfs were kicking around with the Empire. The newer book probably isn't going to be like that, but it might be possible one could use the new book (if true) to represent Araby, Nippon, Cathay, Kislev etc, etc as well as Bretonnia.
And then as soon as the financials are out-
Quote:http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/gw-...o.html?m=1
This is one of those nights, where reporting the news and rumors just sucks the wind out of you. There are big changes happening. Finecast gone, GW stores in Germany gone, Wood Elves/ Bretonnians/ Beastmen/ Khemri also gone. It looks like a lot is going to change with after this last financial report.

While these are just rumors, they are given a lot of credibility by verified news earlier this evening that GW HQ in France, Germany and the US are being cut back. Here is the link to the news earlier.
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2014/01/games...-down.html

Please remember that these are rumors.

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
A lot of things will change at Games Workshop 2014:

* LotR and the Hobbit francise will be handed over to Forge World
* Forge World products will be available over the redesigned Games Workshop
webpage
* no more Fincecast products
* Wood Elves, Bretonnia, Beastmen and Khemri products will no longer be
produced, updated or supported
* roughly 30% of the sortiment will be come webshop exclusives
* all Games Workshop stores in Germany will be closed
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Wood elves, bretonnia and beastmen and Khemri?? Is this a credible rumour? That is crazy if it is, don't want to sound a bit doomsayer like but getting rid of playable factions is not a great way to go - there seems to be no long term vision for the company, just short term knee jerk reactions which frankly could actually bring an end to GW. What do other people think? Tell me I'm wrong!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
seems a very very odd move to me
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
I think it is rubbish myself, sky is falling mentality to generate hits. Only reported as thought it was quite amusing that a 26% drop in share prices means they stopping armies being released. Lolz.

40K radio guys reckon that Wood elves are after Dwarfs and have slammed this rumour as false already. They are going about cutting costs in other ways, such as cloing global HQ's and centralising them in Nottingham.
Blood bowl Skaven
Phew! Hoping it's a made-up rumour!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(20-01-2014, 10:42 AM)manrogue Wrote: I think it is rubbish myself, sky is falling mentality to generate hits. Only reported as thought it was quite amusing that a 26% drop in share prices means they stopping armies being released. Lolz.

40K radio guys reckon that Wood elves are after Dwarfs and have slammed this rumour as false already. They are going about cutting costs in other ways, such as cloing global HQ's and centralising them in Nottingham.

That does make a lot more sense.

I take all rumours with a pinch of salt anyway, these get a vat of it however.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Yeah strikes me as that.

Natfka tends to report anything he hears/gets sent, and has a roughly 40% accuracy on rumours. That's why i usually only report the more likely rumours off him as he posts rumours daily, and half are rubbish lol.

I do expect GW to do something to try and increase revenue/decrease spend, but getting rid of armies is not one of them. I expect Games day to go after this year, they have been scaling back on it last couple of years and the last one was basicly "come and look at all the cool forgeworld stuff and buy GW stuff that you can get from your local store at normal retail price!" with no participation games.
Blood bowl Skaven
I doubt there is any chance of GW doing away with an army. It is however plausible that they will scale back on in store products. Most Failcast items are direct order, and even some plastics (some surprisingly like the High Elf Bolt Thrower, are actually popular items.) For example even with a January release, I would expect Gaunt models to go direct only, when I store stocks dry up, a feeling indicated by the current re packing online of units into twenties, when they still sell twelves (in store and online.) I would also expect to see more doubling up of units, such as Dark Elf spear and crossbow models, which pulled two boxes into one (that even added a third unit type,) to free up shelf space.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Yeah, they are doing direct only with more and more plastic stuff mainly to try and get you to order off GW direct for increased profit. Hence the current rumour of 30% of product will be direct only by end of year.
Blood bowl Skaven