Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Games Expo 2012, May 25th - 27th
Agua Zone, B5.

http://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/show_guide_first_floor.php

I think we are the Pirates table, next to the Malifaux table. I'll post on here if there's any change.

Setup can be done on the Friday, so I may go over on the afternoon to set it all up. Otherwise it will be from 8am on Saturday morning.

Not decided yet whether my attendance will cover both days, however, I'll be there for Setup and Breakdown (probably mine).

Saturday is covered by Stu and Steve (go to reception to get your passes on the Saturday morning, before 9.15am), so I need one other "Volunteer" for Sunday.

Si
I'll sort out some flyers - probably based very heavily on the Salute ones Smile
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Nice one.

I'm hoping to be there Saturday AM in order to drum up some business in our direction. Could be dependent on how heavy tonight is ;¬). Must have some real pirate blood in me !

If you and Steve concentrate on the table I'll wander round prodding people in our direction.

I'll check on parking this afternoon once I've set everything up.

Si
Cheers Si. I'm picking Steve up at 8.00am in the morning, so we should be there around 8.30am I would imagine.

Any idea about Sunday yet?
Great first day - very busy (and hot!) show. Will be there again tomorrow to put in a morning shift. Just printing out some more flyers!
Had a great day, was pretty busy, don't think i'm gonna talk again, which has pleased my wife no end !! Result all round !!
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
(26-05-2012, 08:46 PM)Noisysteve Wrote: Had a great day, was pretty busy, don't think i'm gonna talk again, which has pleased my wife no end !! Result all round !!

Smile

Many, many thanks for all your help today Steve!
Was honestly a pleasure! I Can't model, I paint so-so, but I sure can talk!!
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
Some photos from the weekend on the UK Games Expo Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...238&type=1
I'll reiterate some of what Stu has said and add my own.

A good couple of days, I think it will be even better at the metropole next year.

We had people who either played or chatted at Salute come and say hello which was really good.

Also met some new potential players who are within reach of the club. Alcester, Stratford, Leamington/Warwick and Coventry.

Saturday was incredibly hot, and I think everyone in costume was suffering, especially the stormtroopers. Who I think got stuck in the lift at the Clarendon (now there's the start of a joke if ever I heard one).

Thanks to all who helped or just came to support us:

Stu, Steve, Gaz, Luke, Alec, Ethan and Claire for yomping all the way from Five Ways with 3 kids and the pram !

Also another shout out to Paul for working on the terrain who was there in spirit.

There were loads of appreciative comments about the board, the figures and those who participated in the game seemed to really enjoy it.

Cheers

Si