Poll: Who's going to Games Day 2011?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yep, a horde of rampaging Orcs couldn't keep me away.
63.64%
7 63.64%
Not a chance, I'm washing my dice.
9.09%
1 9.09%
Undecided.
27.27%
3 27.27%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games Day / Golden Demon 2011
id be surprised if they didnt, but i think i can remember the basics off the top of my head. BS 5, 2 assault cannons with 6 shots each, front armour 13, side 12 back 10 etc etc....just make it up if you have to :P
there was a special targeting rule for the mortis variant that i can't remember........
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Ahh just make something up that sounds cool enough, no-one will ever know......
Post GD 2011 message from GW CEO Mark Wells, mentions the issue with the queue for the sales stands:

Quote:To all Games Day 2011 customers,

It was great to see you all on Sunday at what proved to be our busiest Golden Demon and Games Day in quite a few years. The gaming tables, hobby areas and displays were packed all day, paricularly the Dreadfleet demo games and our staff have fed back how much they enjoyed talking with you throughout the day. We hope you enjoyed it too.

It was good to see how popular some of the new activities were, such as the Masterclass demonstrations and Armies on Parade, both of which we will run again next year. We will also continue to show more of the Golden Demon entries on the big screens, which again proved popular. As always the reviews are already under way to build on what worked well and look at what we can do better.

On the latter, I'd like to apologise to those customers who had to queue for the sales stands in the morning. I'm afraid we were unable to cope with the sheer volume of people wanting the new Warhammer Forge, Forgeworld and Black Library releases. Lessons have been learnt and we will ensure that next year we are better prepared in the sales area so that any queuing is kept to a minimum. I'd like to thank you all for your patience while we sorted this out and I cannot speak highly enough of the behaviour of those in the queue during this time. You were amazing. Thank you.

Anyway I hope you all returned home safely and enjoyed sharing your purchases and stories with your friends and families. Keep your eyes posted on the Games Workshop website and your local Hobby Centre Facebook site for more pictures and videos from the day.

Until next year.

Mark Wells
CEO

Source: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/note...2363946934
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Big issue Stu when we went to join the back of the line, was two lines merging into one. It was really fast I found when they had got just the one line.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Vince also mentioned the poor stewarding of the line initially, where people were joining from the sides.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Yep, we had been queuing for about an hour when like 150+ people just decided to jam onto the side of the queue....kinda irritated me.....a lot....was the one bad point of the day in my opinion
the armies on pride winner was put on the site i just noticed. the one Vince was impressed with is at the bottom.

AoP
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I personally loved the Blood Angels army that had 2 Furioso Dreadnaughts restraining a Death Company Dreadnaught with chains, looked really damn cool.