Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pirate Dice - Voyage on the Rolling Seas
Always on the lookout for new and interesting board/dice games to play with the horde, I caught mention of Pirate Dice - Voyage on the Rolling Seas on the GeekDad blog in their review of the best board games of last year. Arrived today:

Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Looks interesting, let me know how it plays when you get round to it
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Will do, can always bring it along to club one evening if anyone fancies a closer look.
Likewise, let us know how it plays Stu. Always looking for board games i can get the Lad into. He's getting to that exciting age where he can start to understand simple games.
Edit just read the review, bit to young for this i think Sad
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Sophie really enjoys Dino Hunt Dice from Steve Jackson games (she also likes the Zombie variant!). Very simple to play - she was 4 when we picked it up from the UK Games Expo last year and managed to get to grips with it easily enough.
Had our first couple of games of Pirate Dice at the weekend - very easy to pick up and lots of fun. Ethan (9) had no trouble in getting to grips with the rules.

We just played "first to the treasure" rather than bringing it back to port, and those games were pretty quick (easily sub 30 mins). Adding in the additional requirement to return the treasure back to port would add a lot more I think, with scope to steal the treasure from other players.