Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changes to White dwarf and new release schedule?
A source i can not name Tongue said it is pretty much confirmed as a catalogue to me.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Dudley:
If you are a Direct Debit subscriber, you will be receiving information on the 1st of Feb. You will be getting Warhammer: Visions through your door instead of the monthly White Dwarf, which now becomes weekly
If you have vouchers, you can redeem them in store for the monthly Warhammer: Visions or White Dwarf weekly
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
sounds fine for me with the vouchers.

wonder what happens if you have a digital sub though. Visions?
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Rumour about the change in release schedule and content of the weekly one-

Quote: What Weekly Releases, White Dwarf With Rules

The changes are here, and already we are getting some of the details that include White Dwarf being confirmed to start having rules in them again. Alongside that a new way to release models every month, changes the monthly release schedules that we are used to, to a weekly release schedule that is laid out in this rumor set.

Although these are considered to be rumors right now, these are very solid, as this is happening. Later today I expect an announcement from Games Workshop regarding White Dwarf magazine and Warhammer Visions. After all the cat is already out of the bag.

via an anonymous source from the Faeit 212 inbox.
I just got off the phone with the GW rep for my store.

He informed me that the new weekly white dwarf would be here for sale on the 31st. The new weekly dwarf will have rules again (a big deal for my customers) will have a retail cost of $4 US, GW will buy back unsold issues so we can get a bunch and not worry about how many are going to sell.

The new release schedule will break up the model and codex release for each month with the codex being in the second week.

week 1 Model,
week 2 codex+cards,
week 3 model,
week 4 model and black library;
Blood bowl Skaven
New update-
Quote:http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/bl...d=12900004

It’s just 12 days until the launch of the new, weekly White Dwarf and monthly Warhammer: Visions.

Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock for the last few weeks, you’ll know that the new White Dwarf magazine will be published every Saturday starting on 1st February, bringing you gaming tips and advice, painting guides, battle reports and oodles of pictures of Citadel miniatures every single week.

On top of that, we’ll also be launching our new monthly magazine on the same day – Warhammer: Visions. It’s an eye-popping hobby extravaganza packed from cover to cover with pictures of beautifully painted miniatures including everything from Golden Demon and Armies on Parade to Kit Bash, Blanchitsu and so much more.

You will be able to see both of these publications in Games Workshop stores and many independent stockists around the world on Saturday 1st February.

Digital Editions

There will be digital editions of both weekly White Dwarf and monthly Warhammer: Visions.

White Dwarf will be available from the Black Library website in mobi format (for Kindles) and ePub format (for iPhones, iPads, iPod Touch, Android devices and pretty much anything else that reads eBooks). The address will be www.blacklibrary.com/whitedwarf. The ePub version will also be available from Apple iBooks.

Warhammer: Visions will be available for iPads from the Apple AppStore. On Saturday 1st February, the new version of our iPad app will be released, which will replace the existing White Dwarf app (but still allow access to all the previous editions of monthly White Dwarf). This will enable current (and new!) iPad subscribers to download the iPad edition of Warhammer: Visions.

Q&A for subscribers

We’ve had a few queries from subscribers about the new magazines, so we thought we’d share the questions and answers with you.

Current in-store White Dwarf subscriber?

You will be able to redeem your remaining subscription vouchers for a monthly copy of Warhammer: Visions in any Games Workshop store.

Current mail order White Dwarf subscriber?

If you have a subscription to the current White Dwarf magazine, your subscription will automatically switch over to Warhammer: Visions. With your first issue, we’re also sending you a free copy of the first issue of new White Dwarf weekly, along with a letter from Jes, the editor, explaining the changes. The price you pay will not change during your subscription period.

From March, we’ll begin mailing out your monthly subscriber copy of Warhammer: Visions early so that (Warp storms permitting, of course) you’ll receive your copy during the week before it goes on sale in stores.

Current White Dwarf iPad subscriber?

On Saturday 1 February you will need to update your app to the new version (which is free). You will then be able to download the launch edition of Warhammer: Visions, while still being able to view all your existing White Dwarf magazines. The price you pay will not change during your subscription period.

Will there be a subscription available for weekly White Dwarf?

There won’t be a subscription available for White Dwarf at launch. If for whatever reason you miss a copy, there will be a few weeks’ worth of back issues available at games-workshop.com (so long as stocks last). We’ll also have at least two or three issues of Warhammer: Visions available (again, so long as stocks last).
Blood bowl Skaven
First issues rumoured contents -
Quote:http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/a-f...dwarf.html
The first White Dwarf weekly is about to be revealed. Inside are the Dwarven releases of Longbeards and Hammers, as well as a few characters and a special character with rules.

Please remember that until this is released, its considered to be rumors. The first edition is scheduled for February 1st.

via Father Gabe on Faeit 212
I had a chance to flip through the White Dwarf weekly earlier today. Here is what I can report on:

Dwarves:
Dual Longbeard / Hammers box $50. They look amazing
Belegar Ironhammer (Or Ironbeard, cant remember). $21. Awesome sculpt.
Trollslayer Character $21. Amazing...thought it was Gotrek.

Previews for upcoming novels: Scars (Which was an ebook series) and a few others.

Jervis Johnson article/rule set: Explains Scouting in 40k...reads well, a cool mini-game prior to scout moves.
A Tyranid article
A how to paint guide for the new dwarves (exactly like whats in White Dwarf now)
A how to build guide for the new dwarves (exactly like whats in White Dwarf now)

Rules: Belegar Ironhammer. These are full rules with point costs! I won't relay but this guy is cheap for what you get from him. 300+ points, lots of good attacking ability and awesome defense.

Looks like rules could be released weekly?
Blood bowl Skaven
From someone on dakka, confirmed info on visions-
Quote:Just finished looking at my first issue of Warhammer Visions.

I really wanted it to be good.

The entire thing is full page photos of miniatures in miniature environments.
One short descriptive paragraph is on each page, in three languages.
Sample: "Gandalf is an old and powerful wizard"

It took a second look to notice the battle report.
It is certainly not the battle report format I am used to.

I will be canceling my subscription tomorrow.

On a brighter note the new weekly WD was interesting. But maybe thats because I play Dwarves.

Was what was expected and told, was still hoping that the info coming out was wrong Sad
Blood bowl Skaven
I don't understand the thinking behind the visions mag Huh
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Yeah no idea what the target audience for Warhammer visions is........

Could maybe understand a decade ago, but you can get better higher res pics off the net now?Huh
Blood bowl Skaven
Your not going to like this.

Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen