Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changes to White dwarf and new release schedule?
(10-01-2014, 09:43 AM)manrogue Wrote: If it returned to the days of past, with decent articles, rules, terrain making etc i would a get a subscrition in a heartbeat. Sadly i don't think it will. Sad

To be fair thats not completely crazy. An awful amount of scenery has dropped from their catalogue. Maybe this could be the explanation.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
As a subscriber I have been on the brink of cancelling for a while. basically because I thought the last re-boot was a fail. I feel as though I am paying for the privilege of their marketing, rather than gaining something for my gaming. Maybe they have had this feedback off many folk and cancellations...?

I am a bit confused as to what my new subscriber choice will be, no-doubt I will find out. I'd like to see both versions before making any decision.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
From the rumours, your subscription will change over to the monthly one at no extra cost.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
I've not bought a WD in 7 years and this won't change my mind, I think they're completely missing the point... why on earth would I spend £2.50 when Vince does it all for free on here... or a quick google/forum search later and I have the pictures I want at the tip of my fingers...

£7.50 for a magazine.. I would hope for free stuff with it! I liked the LotR magazine that gave out models with each magazine for a few pounds less than the £7.50 rip off they're doing now, made quite a collection from that subscription :p. But things like battle reports and hobby articles are not what they used to be like and lets be honest you can get almost better battle reports on the forums, I mean you get competitive armies facing off against each other to start with and not what needs to be sold the most :p

As predicted, less content, more pics-
Quote:Some more info retailers got:
1.) Weekly keeps the White Dwarf name. It features the new products of the Saturday NEXT week. The editorial part (what we called content in the 90s) goes into this White Dwarf. GW (store and website) and retailers only, no subscribtion.
2.) Warhammer Visions is indeed mainly photos with short descriptions in 3 (!) languages and no editorial content like columns. Size is smaller, but more pages. Unknown if Hobbit content is included.
Blood bowl Skaven
I'm done with it then
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Based on this info I really can't understand why anybody would spend 7.50 on a glossy magazine with mainly just photos in...
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Official confirmation-

Quote:http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/bl...d=12800022

White Dwarf magazine goes weekly!

Saturday 1 February sees the birth of the new, weekly, White Dwarf magazine.

Saturday 1 February sees the birth of the new, monthly, Warhammer: Visions magazine.

Yes, that’s right. We’ll be launching two new magazines on the same day, Saturday 1 February.

White Dwarf, now weekly.

From Saturday 1 February, White Dwarf will be available each and every Saturday exclusively in your local Games Workshop store, Independent Stockist and at games-workshop.com

White Dwarf will contain everything that’s new and exciting in the hobby that week, from news and information on all the week’s other new releases, to new columnists, interviews, painting, modelling, game rules and much more. And the price? The same as a pot of your favourite Citadel paint.

Warhammer: Visions, now monthly.

Warhammer: Visions will be available on the first Saturday every month in your local Games Workshop store, Independent Stockist, games-workshop.com and local newsstands in the UK, Europe and Australia.

Warhammer: Visions is a completely new monthly magazine, also from the White Dwarf team. It’s unlike anything we’ve ever done before and this super high-quality visual feast weighs in at a whopping 236 pages, each and every month.

Just 17 days to go and counting.

After months of planning and hard work, we’re really excited to be able to share this news with you. We were overwhelmed by all the support and feedback you gave us last time we relaunched White Dwarf back in September 2012 (and by your emails and photos that you send us every day – please keep them coming), and we’re even more excited by what we’ve got coming up for you in 2014.

If you can’t wait for Saturday 1 February and want to know more, then your local Games Workshop store manager has more info…
Blood bowl Skaven
I have tweeted @Voxcaster asking how I get a refund on my digital sub.

Wonder how far into Feb I have to wait for a response.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
doesn't really tell you whats in visions does it

i have 3 left from my stub of 12 vouchers, i'll see what i can get with them
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss