Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games Workshop cancels all Invasions and store trips to Warhammer World
Just spotted this and thought was worth sharing-

Quote: Games Workshop cancels all Invasions and store trips to Warhammer World

Hi everyone,

John here from the Warhammer World Events Team - there have been a few questions about Invasions going forward so I thought it would be good to let you all know the following:

Games Workshop has chosen to cancel all Invasions and store trips to Warhammer World. We've done this because we decided that they were not the right thing for our customers or Games Workshop going forward, they are impractical to run properly to give everyone the best possible experience.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused everyone.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact GW customer services at the following number:

uk.custserv@gwplc.com

https://www.facebook.com/GWWarhammerWorl...3955101754

Quote:http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/conten...eMode=true
So what are Invasions?

Run by your local Hobby Centre, Invasion Days are your chance to lay siege to Warhammer World, the beating heart of Games Workshop. Visit us and experience everything Warhammer World has to offer, with all of the details such as transport and food taken care of, and the bonus of other hobbyists to enjoy the day with. You and your friends can see beautifully painted figures in the Citadel Miniatures Hall, play on our amazing feature boards, and relax in Bugman's Bar while waiting for those same-day Direct Sales and Forge World models to arrive.

You can also take part in a gaming event run at every Invasion Day, where you can fight for the honour of your Hobby Centre against the foul denizens from rival stores. With prizes on offer for gaming, painting, sportsmanship and more, there are many opportunities to achieve glory. Ready your army and prepare for battle - how will you fare in the Invasion?

As far as i am aware, no one at the club frequents a GW, so no short term effect. Curious what people think the long term effect could be?

Reduced revenue at Warhammer world would be the obvious one.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
what utter nonsense, i always thought they were a good idea. WHW is a proper mecca for geekdom and the trips were a great way to keep younger people interested in the hobby. seems an odd one to get rid of.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
This Vince is a time I can see any possible explanation for GW making this decision.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
This is GW tightening their belt. Announcing it so close to Christmas I'm guessing they hope the news will be 'snowed under', pardon the pun.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
Doesn't cost them anything. Invasions were coach trips, paid for by the attendees.WHW is hardly full most days during the week, and anyway they can draw people into their main store and Bugmans, means that those places can offset overheads that are all ready exist, with purchases. WHW event staff are only going to be paid to do less work, which increases their effective expenditure.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I went on a couple, mainly for tournaments, even finished 5th at one :p

Obviously their events diary was getting too busy.... oh wait... maybe not...