Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malifaux first impressions
So i have now played one game of this, it was via Vassal (im still away in china for another few days) but my initial impressions is its a very very fun game. we did a 40 ss brawl (i think its called) and i took Lady J and Crew (with Nino Ortega for fun) we didn't use any upgrades in this first game just so i could get the hang of the base cards.

Crew wise - Lady J died early as i had some very bad luck on my draws and couldn't cheat....damn you black Joker...I think upgrades are key for getting the most out of her.

The Judge was a beast, the trigger to shoot after hitting with a the sword is great fun for doing a lot of damage.

Death marshals i struggled to use efficiently. they seemed slow and i wasn't quite sure if i should be putting them in combat or shooting, but i know i can use an upgrade on Lady J to keep them close to her which will help.

Nino is great, my opponent had one SS and one Card left in his hand, cheated on the flip to ensure I triggered head shot and Von schill dropped down dead. beautiful.

its very intuitive, and i can clearly see that you have to think tactically with your activation order etc. looking forward to getting into this properly in the new year with a mix of Lady J and the Ortegas (my black friday box has apparently arrived).
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss