Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dwarf assistance.
right im an old drawf player (editions 5-6) but i now play elves so have knowledge of current edition

if ur gonna take a lord yes a shield bearers are the way to go add a rune of stone and he has a 2+ save even with wielding a great weapon a word of caution here yes u can powerful rune combinations but its pricey and would it really achieve more than a cheap lord with a great save and hitting strength 6 (i would consider a ward save rune)

rank and file no really right way of fielding these people like hordes and wired 6-7 ranks my thoughts is this a dawf does not hit hard but has great armour so a unit of 30 (28 plus dwarf with shield) in ranks of 5 gives u plenty of ranks to get the stubborn rule so u hold stall a unit up for a long time.

engineers other than for bolt thowers hav never been worth it for me 1 cannon with run of reload and the other with rune of reload and rune of burning works fine. (or the 35pt rune which eludes me)

2 units of 10 thunders is fine 20 is easier to engage with fast units the drawback for units of 10 is potnetial lack of fireing lanes as too many units but for drawfs this shouldnt be a problem

slayers are such a shame they were really good!! i had 15 troll and 10 giant slayers in a big unit who deployed in a line formation to anchor my flank alas those days are gone reason simple whfb now has more attacks (it use to be just the frist rank that could attack) so slayers just get mashed up before doing anything and for 11pts

Messages In This Thread
Dwarf assistance. - by Simian - 09-12-2013, 05:37 AM
RE: Dwarf assistance. - by sprogmcjob - 09-12-2013, 10:57 AM
RE: Dwarf assistance. - by Simian - 09-12-2013, 11:14 AM
RE: Dwarf assistance. - by nothin_but_the_rain - 09-12-2013, 12:25 PM
RE: Dwarf assistance. - by Simian - 09-12-2013, 02:04 PM
RE: Dwarf assistance. - by nothin_but_the_rain - 09-12-2013, 03:13 PM
RE: Dwarf assistance. - by Simian - 09-12-2013, 10:51 PM