Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobby Review 2013 / Plans for 2014
Those who set targets for this year, how did you get on?

And what are you plans hobby-wise for next year? Projects, systems to try?
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Didn't really set targets last year, but managed to play quite a bit of blood bowl, dug out the old battlefleet gothic stuff, played a bit of necromunda and got a few flames of war games in as well as lots of 40k.

2014 I'm looking forward to more Bloodbowl, BFG and 40k! Also really must put my saga warband together and have a game. I am very interested in the tyranid release and may have to start a new 40K project, updating my very old tyranid force from when they were first released in white dwarf.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I got know where near having 365 models done (even with time to go.) I was ahead come April, but once i got the Lizards ready for war, things slowed down. Plenty of folks were running a 2400 point army in a year challenge, so I could have chose that, but 365 sounded better. Not disappointed though, as I also got quite a bit of Saga complete too.

Painting wise, its sort a new WFB army out, and Relic Knights. Maybe complete the Welsh and start another army.

Gaming, I'm registered in a Bushido tournament, so I need to try New Dawn. I also need to get playing Malifaux again. Relic Knight's is the system I am most looking forward to playing. The fact its been nearly 18 months since we stumped the cash up, and still no sign of miniatures, is adding to the desire to play.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
2013 has been rather hampered with work and I havn't been able to do enough gaming let alone painting, etc. But I have got into Army Painter Quick Shades and that is the way forward for me.

I joined the club for Fantasy and I am very happy that we once again have a generous core of Fantasy players now, so I am going to be concentrating there into 2014. I am really impressed by some of the guys brilliantly painted armies and I want to get my High Elves painted. One well painted army to be proud of will be great. I like scenario based games and getting a campaign going will be good fun for all involved.

Other games - I will buy a SAGA army (Vikings I reckon) and play that and I want to try 28mm WWII and looks like I am going to buy some Bolt Action kit.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
2013, Was pretty good but i did buy an entire army and not paint much of it. on the otehrside i have about 4000 points of painted dark angels and 2000 of fully painted eldar so its not bad.

2014, im going to paint my WFB dwarfs, play some games of WFB, along with deadzone and finally try to start/finish my 2000 point nurgle force

systems wise, i picked up the In her majestys name rules recently and want to give that a try. also i have deadzone and Malifaux.

so three new systems, 2 armies, 1 Malifaux crew and a few deadzone forces.

should be plenty to get on with!
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
2013 went well building wise but painting was very poor, painting up around 5 models in total! (though 2 of these were a Riptide and Devilfish!)

2014 i would like to get a lot more painting done, play lots of Deadzone (watch out for the campaign Big Grin) and relic knights, try and convince someone to play robotech and try out dreadball. As well as my usual games.

Once my GNG battle boards turn up, i also plan to try and get some more gaming in outside of the club.

I am also going to attempt to curtail the spending and have told myself after i have got the boosters for my Deadzone Rebs, no more model purchases until 80% of the models i use are painted (we will see how that pans out..... lol)
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(09-12-2013, 09:46 AM)manrogue Wrote: I am also going to attempt to curtail the spending and have told myself after i have got the boosters for my Deadzone Rebs, no more model purchases until 80% of the models i use are painted (we will see how that pans out..... lol)

This, though my cut off point is after i get some of the new models when the WFB dwarfs army book is released....i wonder how long thats going to last though!
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
I'd hoped to paint a lot more this year but I'm pretty happy with getting my SAGA warband painted along with a few other bits and pieces.

Plans for next year are to sort out some dedicated hobby space at home to remove one obstacle from more progress. Systems wise I'll continue with SAGA while looking to explore Ronin, Bushido, Bolt Action and revisit LotR/The Hobbit. I'd like to try one of the naval/fleet games, probably Dystopian Wars, and I also like the look of Uncharted Seas but I'm not sure what the future holds for it.

I'd like to build more scenery and have some plans to build an ambitious table for games of SBH with the horde at home.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."