Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Golden Demon
Recently been doing a Golden Demon Younbloods competion project. I'm painting a Space Marine Master of the Fleet model at the mo on a cork tile base. Would like to get a pic, but don't think our camera will be able to get up close enough, so I'll bring it along on Monday if you want to have a look...

It's all in pieces at the mo, but I've nearly finshed the main bulk of him, and (according to Dad Big Grin) it looks pretty good.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Alright, maybe I won't be bringing it along, as I have decided to keep transportation to a minimum.

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
(12-06-2011, 04:09 PM)Luke the Squig Wrote: Alright, maybe I won't be bringing it along, as I have decided to keep transportation to a minimum.

Good call. Besides I would rather see it first time in a case at Games Day tbh.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(12-06-2011, 06:26 PM)Gareth Wrote: Good call. Besides I would rather see it first time in a case at Games Day tbh.

Hmm... Don't count on that... Big Grin

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Apparently, as Luke and I discovered while we were researching the competition last night, there is some controversy surrounding last year's Youngbloods section in the Golden Demon competition, where it is alleged that the winner submitted a pre-painted miniature purchased from eBay.

More background on this Dakka Dakka thread: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/pos...29021.page

The Golden Demon UK 2010 - Winners page on the Games Workshop website does seem to reflect this, as there is a blank entry for the gold award in this category.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
My target for the weekend: make a start on the cloak of him, just don't get too excited Smile.

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Here is my progress with the model:

Attached Files Image(s)

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Clearly, I didn't achieve my target of a few weekends ago of making a start on the cloak, as it is still only drybrushed Codex Grey from the undercoat. I drybrushed the entire model Codex Grey as it was one of the tips that I got from one of our many visits to WARHAMMER WORLD. The staff there offered to kindly give me a painting tutorial, although, I think that they may have thought that I was new to the hobby, so kindly gave me a basic drybrushing, highlighting and layering tutorial, which (to be honest) did actually help with painting elven skin. One of the tips that I aqquired there was that, if you are trying to paint a model with a lot of tricky detailed bits, then drybrush the whole model lightly with Codex Grey (or the equivalent if using Vallejo paints or P3) as it picks out all of the tricky bits for you to see much more easily. It is a trick that I have used on a fair few models. I still have not yet had the opportunity to paint the cloak, which is why it is still grey.

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Any recommendations on how I coould possibly improve it are welcome.

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Most people have a head. How about giving your marine one.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen