Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warpath 3.0 and kickstarter rumours
From scarletsquig on dakka-
Quote:Other stuff I remember from the seminar:

- Warpath, lots of stuff about Warpath.

Mantic is pretty much done with having any interest in riding on GW's coat-tails as far as Warpath goes. Nowhere near as much 40k/ GW fanservice stuff in future.

It is more interested in going for GW's throat via straight-up competition. Ronnie wants to rely on Mantic's own background, its own IP, own terrain, own mats, own rules, own everything, done on its terms without taking into account GW and only providing 40k compatibility in some models as an afterthought. General idea is that eventually even people who are right now saying "Oh, Mantic sucks, I only play GW, nothing else" will be won over by sheer quantities of hard plastic (fom the sounds of it they're looking to gear up for 4 hard plastic kits/month once they're done validating the new production method), sold at even more aggressive pricing than what they have currently. The plan is to out-compete GW directly, on all fronts, with superior rules systems, and minis of equal quality sold at around a quarter of the price.

They really don't want you to be playing 40k or making it cheaper for you to play 40k, they straight-up want you giving their own games a try.

This will filter down to the rules too. Warpath will focus on 100 models + vehicles for a typical 6x4 game, compared to 40k's 40 models + vehicles.

But the idea is, you'll be able to play that 100 minis game faster, easier and have more fun with it than the 40 minis 40k game. That is the goal, larger armies but faster gameplay, with lots of unit variety and like KoW, victories as a result of beating your opponent, not writing a better army list or metagaming.

Warpath 3.0 beta with go up when the kickstarter launches to be picked apart and playtested by backers (by this point a lot of people will have an army's worth of Warpath just in DZ models anyway).
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
If the models turn out as nice as Deadzone and as cheap as that is, can see me saving and going in big on it......
Blood bowl Skaven
If they manage a game that is faster, cheaper and popular I'll be interested, will all depend on the rules - would love to see something with great tactics. I think they've got the right idea about not copying GW stuff. I like the list building in 40k but it's too dependent on it, would love a game with more balance but just as fun.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Yeah intrigued myself, although that is what the Kow and Warpath 2.0 are supposed to be like. Not played them though so not sure....
Blood bowl Skaven
I'm definitely becoming a fan of Mantic's range and I'm glad they're thinking this way.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)