Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Campaign Rules Adjustments/Improvements
I suggest two alterations to improve gameplay;

Firstly we use 3D6 rather than 2D6 for crew experience rolls after battles to improve crew experience/skills.

Secondly, we be allowed to use our appeal rolls for crew experience/skills re-rolls should we so wish.

In theory these changes shouldn't alter the balance of the game too much but should speed up the process of our ships gaining more of an individual identity?

Any thoughts?
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Personally I think this may make it too easy to get ship Xp as some of the crew skill abilities are quite powerful. Maybe pick a "ship of the match" which gets to roll 3D6 instead of 2D6. you've just got have a good reason for choosing it - possibly allow this ship to be one that's been crippled to mitigate the -1 Ld?

Also I'm assuming you mean roll 3d6 and pick the highest two? as just rolling 3D6 will make it very very easy to get crew Xp

Edit:- the above is reference the first idea, I like the second idea!
I agree with Will that rolling 3D6 for experience will make it too easy to get powerful ships - not keen personally.
40K - Chaos Space Marines BloodBowl - Dark Elves & Ogres
Battlefleet Gothic - Chaos Necromunda - Redemptionists

Iron within, Iron without!
OK, well to be honest I disagree as at this point I think there has been all of like 3 successful rolls for ship experience in all our games/fleets but ok.

How about as Will suggests we choose one ship/squadron from each fleet (that survived, but could be crippled) and they get to roll 3D6, picking the highest two?
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
I'm OK with that.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari