Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petition to get Royal Mail to lift restrictions on shipping water based paint
Spotted this and no idea it was coming into effect-
Quote:OrlandotheTechnicoloured on dakka wrote-

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/r...sed-paints

What is this?

Due to recent changes in their shipping restrictions, Royal Mail will no longer ship more than 4 pots of water-based paint per package, with each pot having a maximum volume of 150ml. Packages which breach this policy are identified by x-ray and then sent away to be destroyed. Repeat offenders will then be prosecuted.

Water-based paint guidelines

Who does this affect?

There are a lot of people in the UK sending or receiving paints, whether for hobby or professional use, and policies like this are also restricting a variety of small businesses. Thousands of people order water-based paints every week, and we hope to gain enough support for Royal Mail to consider changing the restrictions on these items.

It would be worth all UK based Dakka users who mail order paint (or might want to in the future) signing this (not sure if signatures from those living abroad but ordering from the UK will count)

I REALLY don't want all the mail order places limiting use to no more than 4 pots of paint (whatever the size) per order

Would kill me as tend to get my paint off eBay in sets of 10..... And then never put it on my models..... Tongue
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
It's all over the various hobby groups on Facebook this morning too.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Interesting. Not heard anything of this at work at all. I doubt it's a commercial decision at all, and most likely a homeland security issue. Tons of prohibited restrictions are imposed on us, through terrorism fears. After all now we are a privately owned company, they want as much revenue incoming as possible.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Update on this...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/PostOurPaint/po...41?fref=nf

Quote:It's been a while since our last update, but the work has continued behind the scenes and I am delighted to announce that we have received the following email today from Mr Gee, Chairman of Royal Mail:

"We have lifted the four item restriction. Customers can now send an unlimited number in any one package but the volume of each container should still not exceed 150ml.

The items must be securely closed and placed in a leak-proof liner, such as a sealed polythene bag, so that any inadvertent leakage is contained within the outer packaging. Surround with absorbent material such as newspaper and sufficient cushioning material to protect each item from damage. The sender’s name and return address must be clearly visible on the outer packaging.

The changes went live on 12 January 2015. I trust this will be a welcome decision for you."

This is fantastic news and we are so pleased that we're able to announce this result.

We would once again like to thank everyone who has signed and supported this campaign in any way. It's been a long 14 months of discussion and emails back and forth, but it's been worth it!

We would also like to encourage everyone to go and buy some paint from their vendor of choice! There are a load of fantastic businesses in the UK supporting our hobby and this is a big win for all of them.

Cheers,
Leon Pengilley
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."