Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
M2E Changes from v1 and v1.5
Right seeing as I am the only person with a copy of the M2E book (which is proving as easy to come across as rocking horse droppings in the UK,) here is a thread to note any rule changes, as and when I get around to updates.

1) Game Size, Crew Hiring and Upgrades.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
First up is Crew game size and crew selection.

As before you first of all determine the size of your encounter. However now the encounter size, has an effect of the models available to your crew, rather than just the number of masters you can hire.

10-25 SS is a Shoot Out. Your crew MUST be led by a HENCHMAN.
26-40 SS is a Dustup. Your crew may be led by a Henchman or Master.
41+ SS is a Scrap. Your crew MUST be led by a MASTER.

Wyrd suggest Shoot Outs for Demos, and a 50 SS game for regular games.

Models now have one of 5 station characteristics, which determine their rank in a crew. These are MASTER, HENCHMAN, ENFORCER, MINION, PEON. When you hire your crew, you can also purchase upgrades for your models. A MASTER may have THREE, a HENCHMAN may have TWO, an ENFORCER may have ONE, and Minions and Peons may not have any. However a Minion or Peon may end up with an upgrade, if an odd game situation allows. They are not prohibited form having any, just equipping them during crew hiring.

The three hiring characteristics remain the same (mercenary, rare and totem,) except that you cannot now summon beyond the Rare number. Note unique has now become Rare 1, because of this change.

As before your Leader (Master or Henchman) comes for free. A Henchman led crew, no longer has a Henchman reserve, but instead has a Soul Stone pool, like a Master.

Many more models come with two faction symbols, and you may only hire them into your declared faction, unless they are a Mercenary. Mercenaries cost one additional SS to hire as before. You may also only use Upgrades from your declared faction. For example a Guild crew may be led by McMourning, but in which case he could not take the Moonlighting Upgrade. If he was leading a Resurrectionists crew, he could take Moonlighting but would loose access to On the Clock. In either situation he could take Plastic Surgery.

Upgrades have a number of rules, restricting their use. As previously mentioned Upgrades can only be used with the correct faction symbol. Also mentioned are the number of upgrades a model may equip. Other than that an individual model may only equip a SINGLE upgrade with the LIMITED restriction. Your crew can only take an upgrade with the RARE restriction up to its rare number (similar to hiring a model.) All other restrictions such as a models name, or model type, must be met when equipping.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I've got the new book too....however as ive never played any version of Malifaux im not going to be able to contribute much....
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Ben are you and your copy in the UK yet? Tongue
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
well no......my copy is in the UK but im still in Shanghai. 4 weeks to go....im back on the 21st December

The Models look pretty though, i've got the Lady J set. will be looking for a game in the New year.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss