Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHFB Campaign? FAQs page 4
i could do this. would be great to get some use out of the Dwarves i have. what size are we talking points wise?
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(08-12-2013, 01:38 PM)Simian Wrote: i could do this. would be great to get some use out of the Dwarves i have. what size are we talking points wise?

I think best plan will be to try and ensure we have time to complete games during an evening. With that in mind I'm going to modify the rules such that we run around playing 1750 point battles.

Just remember you can have allies. I have several armies so can always provide units of Empire for example to bolster a Dwarf army.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
(08-12-2013, 07:55 PM)Agincourt Wrote:
(08-12-2013, 01:38 PM)Simian Wrote: i could do this. would be great to get some use out of the Dwarves i have. what size are we talking points wise?

I think best plan will be to try and ensure we have time to complete games during an evening. With that in mind I'm going to modify the rules such that we run around playing 1750 point battles.

Just remember you can have allies. I have several armies so can always provide units of Empire for example to bolster a Dwarf army.

as long as people dont mind them being in various states of painted/not painted i think i can do 1750. they'll gradually get more done as the campaign goes on. my Dwarfs are top of my priority targets for the hobby in 2014. (i've even been painting a few out here in shanghai last few months!)
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(09-12-2013, 02:12 AM)Simian Wrote:
(08-12-2013, 07:55 PM)Agincourt Wrote:

as long as people dont mind them being in various states of painted/not painted i think i can do 1750. they'll gradually get more done as the campaign goes on. my Dwarfs are top of my priority targets for the hobby in 2014. (i've even been painting a few out here in shanghai last few months!)

Not a problem Ben...
my mage will take u all on!!!! (hiding behind her army of course)
Paul this months WD has a huge amount of magic items (tucked away in the Jervis section.) Thinking it might be worth looking at and potentially incorporating as a reward/progression system?
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(05-01-2014, 09:11 AM)Gareth Wrote: Paul this months WD has a huge amount of magic items (tucked away in the Jervis section.) Thinking it might be worth looking at and potentially incorporating as a reward/progression system?

Yup saw that too Gaz. It's a good idea.

I am hoping to kick things off the last Tuesday in January, if folk can keep that week free (or an hour of it).
I may be interested in taking part if the games are being limited to 1750 points as that should be a comfrotable amount to play a game in 1 evening.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
i suspect i may have to withdraw. i have the prospect of becoming homeless at the end of the month (we're sold our place and the place we're buying the woman hasn't found a new place yet) so currently all my dwarfs are boxed up or unbuilt. I will still be coming along to the club occasionally but will only have my malifaux crew and my eldar available.

i should know more this week so will keep you posted
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
(05-01-2014, 10:24 PM)Etched Oracle Wrote: I may be interested in taking part if the games are being limited to 1750 points as that should be a comfrotable amount to play a game in 1 evening.

Hi Simon,

Yup, 1750 is the plan for this one to ensure time for a completed battle. I am assuming one battle a month. We can learn from experience, add a final all-day Armageddon, as we go if required... Smile