Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
battlefield Birmingham 5 40k tournament
Game 3, some chump called Nick... no idea who he was......... (last BB we played game 3 as well! But would it be the same out come??? (a draw))

Nicks list:

Chapter Master on Bike with Shield Eternal (honestly forgot the eternal bit as I proudly said str10 hit... Nick was like... please tell me you know he's eternal warrior (my response was, yep, I knew that! LMAO!), Power Fist
Tig
Commander with most of the tricks... no shield or fnp
Coteaz
10 Marines (combat squaded)
5 Bikers
10 Kroot
4 Acolytes
Landraider
4 Dev Centurions 2 Grav, 2 Las, 4 Missiles

Mission: Big Guns (4 objectives), Hammer and Anvil

Powers:
Eldrad: Deathmission, Fortune, Scriers Gaze, Missfortune.
Farseer: Prescience, Guide, Terrify

Tig: Missfortune.. don't remember the rest...
Coteaz: Prescience? and 4+ Inv

Nick won the roll for turn1 and gave it to me

So I set up on the 24" line and ran at Nick, stringing back to Eldrad and Farseer, with the Barron out front... a Wraithknight putting a wound on the Chapter Master.

Nick moved up and took out a Wraithknight with Las and Missiles before the Chap master hit Eldrad with a orb bombard... luckily Eldrad LoS the hits. Nicks deathstar then charged into combat and did little, Tig was reduced to 1 wound. Nick won the hit and run roll off and went backwards.

Turn2
I cast missfortune on the Deathstar it wasn't denied! Terrify was though. Warp Spiders come in from deep strike reserve and get smashed in the face by the Riptide... leaving 5, even with a 4+ cover save.. The Pack moved up and charged the Deathstar with about 85-90 attacks causing 30 wounds?? In the end 1 centurion and a commander on 1 wound was left. Nicks turn and the Riptide charges into the Beastpack, the Centurion is killed and the Commander, the Riptide is reduced to 3 wounds? oh and the Bikes came on to kill the Warp Spiders.. well they left 1, who ran away for the rest of the game. I fail to get out of combat with the Riptide...

Turn3
Missfortune the Riptide, who survives combat, I totally forget to shoot the Wraithknight at the landraider...

Nicks turn and the Bikes join Coteaz and 5 marines jump out the Landraider, they all charge the Beastpack, but not before the Landraider immobilises itself on terrain.. Marines, Coteaz and the Bikes don't do that much, Coteaz tanks about 15 wounds not failing 1! The Riptide is killed and 3 Marines, the 2 left break and fall back (Coteaz passes to they escape).

Turn4
The Bikes and Coteaz are missfortuned and Coteaz is left by the end on 1 wound, the Wraithknight charges the Landraider and it's reduced to 1 HP. I don't both to hit and run.

Nicks turn and the Kroot arrive in Nick deployment zone and 5 Marines jump out the Landraider, the Wraithknight fails to punch the Landraider to death, Coteaz is taken out by the Beastpack.

Turn5
Missfortune goes on the 5 Marines, then a multi charge of the Beastpack hits the Acolytes, 2 Marines and 5 Marines. But not before the Swooping Hawks come down from reserve and take out the Kroot and the Jetbike units which had been moving up most of the game jump onto 3 of the 4 objectives... it's down to the Wraithknight to get the 4th... which he does after finally killing the Landraider. The Beastpack kill all the Marines and Acolytes for a tabling win!

I played kinda careless... forgetting to fire the Wraithknight into the Landraider a prime example, hit and running the direction I could never really escape combat from and even that Shield Eternal would give Eternal warrior...

However I was really happy with the result!

So at the end of day1 I'm on 1 Draw and 2 Tabling max VP wins Big Grin

Looking for 1 more win today!

Messages In This Thread
RE: battlefield Birmingham 5 40k tournament - by Embolden - 16-02-2014, 07:13 AM