Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
battlefield Birmingham 5 40k tournament
(03-02-2014, 11:53 PM)Embolden Wrote: Like the list Chris, 2 death stars as well!

So I take it that AZ and CM go in the large squad and Libby goes with other squad? Of black knights. Keep the CM he's great, ord barrage is great and extra wounds, if you go ion hands chap traits he gets it will not die and fnp? which is awesome.

Shield eternal is amazing, but what about that special armour that for 1 turn the save becomes 2+ Inv could that be an option? I personally think the shield eternal is quite sitational.. I mean how many force weapons and str10 are knocking about??

Thanks Rob, not sure I class the second black knight squad as a second deathstar though? - 'only' 350 ish pts for that unit but will still go down fairly easily to concentrated fire. Yes you're right about where the characters will go, except that depending on opponent I may leave azrael in the dev squad - fearless, fnp (probably), and 4++ save if no ruins. Bikes get the 4+ cover save(skilled rider), keeps my warlord safer as well.

My reasoning for not being sure about the shield eternal is same as yours - it's situational and depends on S10 being around, plus I'm not as reliant on a single unit like Nicks deathstar so it's not as important, think I'd rather spread the threats out and have the libby with a pfg in the command squad - he can detach if it looks like they will charge stuff without an inv. save.

Will try the CM out again tonight - might bring two lists in case we manage to squeeze a second game in though Tongue
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari

Messages In This Thread
RE: battlefield Birmingham 5 40k tournament - by jaqenhgar - 04-02-2014, 12:17 PM