Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
battlefield Birmingham 5 40k tournament
Hey Kevin, thanks for posting your list, I think the theme of the list, but think I could do with being a little more… focused… I think is the word.

Libby, not sure what he’s going to buff as things stand, as you’re not on the table at the start of your turn, so don’t have any warp charge if you deep strike (I think that’s the ruling), so that means he has to start on the table, but he only has the Devs to join, granted it’s nice to TL the Lascannons and another buff, I would be tempted to get a 10man unit in that case…

Scouts – I would keep the storm, that did well for me, starting in reserve, hiding when it comes on and then turbo near an objective that’s isolated or practically unguarded turn4, turn5 the clear the objective and claim it.

10 Tactical Marines – I wouldn’t drop pod these, they’re not good enough on the drop imo, you need to alpha strike your opponent off the table, if you want a drop pod army, take Space Wolves IMO. I would keep with ranged fire power, Lascannons/Plasma Cannons and a Plasmagun are probably best bets, I wouldn’t bother with Multimelta or Meltaguns, also the combat buffs are a bit rubbish and over costed, drop these.

10 Tactical Marines – as above Lascannon/Plasma Cannon and Plasmagun only.

Scout Bikers – drop these imo, no need for the locator beacon, Marine Bikers are much better.

Devastator Squad – 4 Lascannons, awesome, I would bulk this squad out to 10, drop the libby in here imo, this way you have 6 wounds before you get to the Lascannons and Libby, not hard by any stretch, but would need concentrated fire power to remove, prescience also gives you decent anti-flyer as well.

Stalker – looks good rules, never played with or against.

Vindicator – excellent!

Inquisitor – go for Lvl1 Psyker, Termi Armour, 3 Servo Skulls and a Psycannon – 119pts of awesome, roll on the divination table, ignore cover/4+ inv save

10 Strikes – go double Psycannon and Psybolt Ammo then call it quits – Inquisitor goes here with Prescience or other buffs, then advance these into midfield later on.

Dreadknight – the best load out is Heavy Incinerator and Teleporter – 235pts… expensive but awesome! Keep this beast back or deep strike and then burst forward when your opponent starts to spread his forces and go after troops choices religiously, ignore everything else, just go after troops.

Aegis – Quadgun – okay choice, a lot of ignore cover about, so could be redundant in a lot of games, tactical squad /dev squad sits on the Quad.

I think with the changes made, you’ll have about 150-200pts to spend,

If you have 240pts… :p I would go for another Strike squad if possible if not Biker units are excellent!

This gives you basically a horde marine list! With Psyker support and multiple mobile units, scoring storm and contesting Dreadknight.

Hope the changes aren’t too drastic… more of tweak :p

Messages In This Thread
RE: battlefield Birmingham 5 40k tournament - by Embolden - 27-01-2014, 05:15 PM