Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
battlefield Birmingham 5 40k tournament
Hmm not sure how competitive you want to be...

If you want to compete and get a good finishing position, personally I would swap out the Ard Boyz which are elites and never score in any mission, so they have to be amazing (re Riptide) or don't bother... I would swap them out to Shoot Boys, competitive 40k is about winning the mission above all else, the more troops the better chance you have at winning the mission and obtaining that better finishing position, as Ard Boyz are double the cost of Shoota boyz, so with the spare pts I would grab some Grots to sit at the back of the table on an objective you placed out of sight, this gives you 4 scoring units which makes the list much more competitive. I would invest the rest of the pts into lootaz (maybe two squads of 10), how come the Burna boyz on a squad that sits back, more Lootaz? :p

Another reason to drop the Ard Boyz is once the Battle Wagons are down, unless they are threatening an objective your opponent wants/needs, then they can be ignored or bogged down and ignored, if they're a scoring unit, then in objective games, they can never really be ignored.

But if you're not their to be super competitive and don't mind the result of most of your games, then go for Ard Boyz as they're more fun! And thats the way you want to play, nothing wrong with that AT ALL, at the end of the day, this game is all about fun.

Sorry if this comes accross as harsh, I don't want it too, just trying to give you constructive advice Smile, it's why I asked you to take a look at the 40k global podcast if you want an idea of competitive natured people, tactics etc etc

Messages In This Thread
RE: battlefield Birmingham 5 40k tournament - by Embolden - 22-11-2013, 08:47 AM