Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharing Contact Details
Question 
I've been trying to come up with ideas to enable us to communicate more effectively when games are cancelled at the last minute, saving wasted journeys or affording people an opportunity to rearrange.

Chatting to Chris last night it seems like something based around a centrally maintained list of mobile numbers might be a possible solution i.e. the club would maintain a list of contact details for all members that could be shared amongst us somehow (dropbox, private area on the forum, etc.)

It's only the beginning of an idea so I'd appreciate your thoughts on how/if this could work, or any better ideas!
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Passed my mind, and I created a thread, with my number on it. Then decided against it. So I whacked my FB and Twitter handles in my signature. Easy to catch me on those. If anyone wants my number they can always ask Smile
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I'd be happy to put my mobile number on some sort of database. For those of us that have to travel a fair way it would be a good idea I think Smile
Cheers Nick, I think it's the way forward. I might experiment with a "members only" section on the forum and perhaps stick them in there?
Sounds like a good idea
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Is the Member's Only area secure? Or can anyone sign up and grab our information? I don't mind sharing my number out to other club members, I'm use to doing so when I worked at Orange, but as I'm only running 1 number now I don't really want just anyone to be able to access it.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
All forum accounts have to be authorised manually by myself when they sign up, so this area will be visible to all those accounts I have vetted. Thinking about it I might create a "user group" for regular attendees then limit visibility to only that group.
(10-10-2013, 10:11 PM)Stuart Wrote: Thinking about it I might create a "user group" for regular attendees then limit visibility to only that group.

Done.
Well that eases my worries quite considerably Big Grin
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
Very good idea, I've pm'd you Stuart, as I have to travel from Solihull, will save me time Smile
Models painted in 2016 0

40k (Tau, Bork'an sept; Orks; Chaos daemons; Imperial Guard, Catachans with help from Valhallans & Pretorians; Space Wolves) Warhammer (Orcs & Goblins) BFG (Orks; Chaos) Necromunda (Cawdor; Wyrd Gathering; Ratskin Scouts) Blood Bowl (Wood Elves) Malifaux (Gremlins; Colette Du Bois)