Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Standard Army Size?
I notice that many people have multiple armies.

What is the standard size force you should expect to really play with? I guess it would be a standardised tourney pts value?

I know that you can play with what you want really - but with so many things to collect it'd be nice to have an idea of what a realistic value is.
Most people have a 2000 point army, particuarly seeing as it was standard back in 7th edition. Most current tournaments play 2400-2500, and that's what I try to play if possible.

Personally as your just starting out, and getting use to rules, I would suggest the following.

Paint up most of your 1000 points, just to get use to techniques. Start with your Slave unit, get half of it done, then do a Character to break it up, then finish the unit, rewarding yourself with your WPL. Do the same with your second block, painting something different each time you get 20 rank and file done.

At the same time get some games in. See what you find works your army, and what doesn't. Then plan your additions, in blocks of 200 or 250 points. It then doesn't leave you with the daunting task of a full 2000 point army to paint, whilst also breaking up the financial commitment.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Gaz has it spot on. 2000 points is fairly standard as it makes you optimise your list more, whilst 2500 points is a reasonable game if you'd like to bring more toys/tricks along.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)